All reviews fishing pier over flow pier restaurant ocean front memorial weekend the outer banks clean pool housekeeping staff the staff was friendly and helpful the location is perfect off season motel pinky beach obx kitchenette stove
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

We found an opening here after trying several places on a spur of the moment get away. For the price and a place to sleep it was fine. The young man who greeted us was quite pleasant and accommodating as was the lady at checkout. You could tell at one time it must of been a great place. They were in the process of remodeling all the rooms and ours was ocean front and nice. New flooring paint, bathroom redo. Although the water in the shower never got any hotter than tepid. There are 6 to 8 ocean front rooms so all the others pass through in front of your place. There is a small deck where people congregate and I could see this as a real negative in season. Several folks gathered there at night with small loud children. Parking lot awkward and filled up quickly. Anyway we were lucky to get a room but would not go back during tourist season.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

Please turn away and run! On our arrival to the hotel everything appeared very nice on the outside, the inside was a nightmare !!!! As we walked in the room it smelled musty and dirty. Upon checking our rooms the smell was absolutely right ! The sheets had brown spots on them as well as the comforter. I then went and checked the bathroom and found blood on the curtain by the commode and black mold in the shower. I went to the front desk and spoke with the woman by the counter snd she was one of the SWEETEST people I have ever met. She gave me a new set of sheets and blanket as well as promised the bathroom would be taken care of the following day. The following say we went out and about and came back expecting a clean room and it was still just as nasty as the day before. I went back to the front desk and thankfully it was the same person. I told her again that the room was absolutely filthy and I was nowhere near satisfied. We were given the money back for our room and all was right with the world. Fast forward several weeks later and the money was taken back off my father in laws card again ! NEVER AGAIN !

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Colonialinnobx, Owner at Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2019

For Drawing all this attention to us as we are the new owners of the property and specially this Trip advisor Review Page is directly under our control. i would like to apologizes on behalf of previous management.
I would like to Inform that we are undergoing a complete renovations with the rooms interior as well as exterior and by any chance if you're planning to visit this area in Summer you can anytime stop by at our location and my Customer Friendly Staff will assist you personally.
We greatly appreciate your response and for any other information please contact us directly at colonialinnmotel@gmail.com and your request will be assist in less than 24 hours

Reviewed November 19, 2018 via mobile

A couple of years ago I gave this place a bad review. Some family members stayed here about a year after that and said they liked it. So, we stayed here last weekend and were very happy we did. It was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dancingbluewolf
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Great location but long overdue for remodeling. Our room was passably clean. The kitchen, well, the refrigerator worked. That is about the best I can say. The bathroom tiles had gaping cracks. Toilet not properly connected to floor.
The staff were very courteous for the most part.
Really a shame because this could be a gem if remodeled.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Super nice staff but the ocean view was obstructed by the dunes (no fault of the motel). The room was extremely dated. I couldn’t wait to leave-my prayers were answered when the motel was evacuated due to a fire so we received a refund. Sorry for the bad review...knock it down and build a beautiful home!

Date of stay: August 2018