All reviews fishing pier over flow pier restaurant ocean front memorial weekend the outer banks clean pool housekeeping staff the staff was friendly and helpful the location is perfect off season motel pinky beach obx kitchenette stove
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

Room was very small, refrigerator didn't work, remote didn't work and it had cockroaches. We went and bought raid which made the situation worse, with coughing, irratated throats, etc. Then to top it off, drunk couple above us was either fighting, or having a MMA brawl. Not a got trip at all.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Cai P, General Manager at Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2016

Hi. I sincerely apologize about the inconvenience during your stay. I am sorry that your room amenities did not work at all. We do our very best to have the maintenance personnel check the appliances all the time, if this was brought up to the Front Desk attention, we would certainly do something about it. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your visit to the Outer Banks otherwise.

Reviewed October 24, 2016

this is what you should expect from an older fishing motel. good location to beach. room price a little high for what you get. room was clean, the bed was, for better words """BAD"""", like to have killed me.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Cai P, General Manager at Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2016

Hi Stuart! Thank you for your honest feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. I sincerely hope you enjoyed your visit to the Outer Banks otherwise.

Reviewed October 18, 2016

Old, tired, dirty - horrible place. When I checked out, I was asked if everything was alright - couldn't bring myself to list the issues with this place and frankly just wanted to get out of there and forget the experience - so just mumbled "yes" and left. The only good thing about it is the location next to the fishing pier and bar which is a good place to escape to for a couple of hours.

Room tip: Just don't go to this "Hotel"
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Cai P, General Manager at Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

I am so sorry to hear that your stay wasn't enjoyable. I would love to speak with you personally to address the issues during your stay. I do hope you enjoyed your visit to the Outer Banks otherwise.

Reviewed October 6, 2016

We had a wonderful time for our first trip to Nags Head! For the price we paid for a 5 day stay for a 2 bedroom mini apartment was great! It is a quaint little motel/inn. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. I made a last minute (a few months before going) to add an extra night stay to our original reservation. We would need to move for the one night, which I understood and had no problem with doing, but the person I talked to said to check when we get there to see if the other party might've cancelled and we wouldn't need to change rooms. Well, they did cancel, the front desk even went has far as to call to make sure that the reservation was indeed cancelled.
This place is close to everything that you will want to do! We were 10 minutes from Jockeys Ridge where we went Hang Gliding with Kitty Hawk Kites, close to the Bodie Lighthouse and the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, and just minutes away from the Dolphin Watch Tour. The Ocean is at your back door (well really over a dune) but its RIGHT THERE! The Nags Head Pier is next door for fishing, eating and drinks at the Tiki Bar.
They were in the process of updating the rooms but we were satisfied with ours. I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Pam G

Pam, first, let me thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. Your detailed feedback means a lot to us. We work very hard to make all of our guests' stay truly memorable. I am very happy to hear that our staff were able to help you with your needs. Colonial Inn is truly a great place to stay, as you've mentioned, accessible to various attractions, restaurants and of course the ocean is just steps away from our beach access. I do hope that you can visit us again in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2016

My husband and I have not visited the Outer Banks for 25 years and we were looking forward to our visit. Unfortunately, this place ruined our experience. It was WAY overpriced, the most expensive of our trip, and by far in the worst condition. The toilet was loose so it moved every time you used it, the sink was in horrible condition with just a trickle of water, there was no table or chairs, no clock, and no towel to put down by the shower. We also couldn't believe how dirty it was. We couldn't wait to leave in the morning (and no breakfast as well).

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I am very sorry to hear that your experience during your stay at our hotel wasn't enjoyable. I am addressing all these room issues to be fixed as soon as possible. I do hope you enjoyed your visit to the Outer Banks otherwise.