“Our 8th Year at the Colonial Inn”
Review of Colonial Inn

Colonial Inn
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We visit the Outer Banks about 4 times a year and we stay at the Colonial Inn. It's a great location for a family with different interest, a day on the beach, fishing on the pier and shopping everything you need within a mile or walking distance. The staff at the Colonial Inn are great. They are our family away from home. They make us feel so welcome every visit with the air on in our room and yes they leave the light on when we check in late at night. The Colonial Inn is planning on a new makeover the first of the year. Which I'm looking forward too. The rooms are nice and very clean for the year that the Colonial was built. The rooms are just the size that you need, with plenty of place for clothes. The apartments were a great size for 6 people easy. Parking is hard at times however you will always have a space for you. The front desk makes sure that everyone is parked. They do have a over flow parking for the ones that bring more than 1 car. So if your looking to get away for a weekend or a week The Colonial is GREAT!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sam S
colonialinnmotel, General Manager at Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind comments! We love having you here and can't wait to see you again soon! We are looking forward to our renovation and in you enjoying the changes as well! Take care of you and yours and we will see you soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Stayed for a week and couldn't have found a better place. Staff very friendly and helpful. Parking is tight but most places are. The rooms are just the size that you need, with plenty of place for clothes.
The apartments were a great size for 6 people easy. Had everything needed except food.
Will diffently be going back in April if not before.
Give this place a try.

Room Tip: I would try to stay at 3B or 4B if I needed an apartment size room. On ground floor and right at the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Booked this motel for three nights on the Outer Banks - it was in a great location, right on the beach. I requested a ground floor room as my parents are elderly and we were given a two-bedroom apartment on the ground floor around the pool which was ideal. The apartment was pretty basic but clean and ok for just sleeping and showering. The pool was very nice and literally outside our door. However, on the third night there was a stag do, it seemed as though there were 15 men next door, I have no idea how many there actually were. I don't have a problem with stag do's as such, I've followed football all over the world and stayed in rowdy places. However, my parents are elderly and there were children in the motel. If I'm staying somewhere like Magaluf I wouldn't comment, but in a motel of this nature, when the noise and rowdy behaviour (RIGHT outside my window) went on until 3.30am, it's pretty unacceptable. I tried to call the front desk but it wasn't 24 hour. So short of going out there to face a crowd of drunks, we just had to put up with it. What made the whole thing worse, indeed why I'm even mentioning it, is that when I complained in the morning the staff said "oh, yes, it's the stag do" as though this was an acceptable explanation. It totally ruined the stay and I don't know if it's a regular practice but would warn people that this could happen.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank whugirl
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The Colonial was a tremendous value with basic old fashioned accommodations. The price was great and the staff was FABULOUS! We stayed there because the northern beaches, where our house was, were not accessible for a few days due to Hurricane Irene damage. Skip the breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

we stayed one night, the front desk was nice, but the entire Motel needed a remodel

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank leuteha
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Col Inn in July 2004 and we loved it. The rooms were clean the staff was friendly and we had the best time. This past weekend we stayed there again because we loved it back in 2004. This time we had our kids with us. I can not say that I will ever stay there again. The rooms were dirty. There were flies all in the room, the sheets had tear and burn marks, there was a nasty spider laying by the beds, the beds were lumpy. We stayed because we had already pre paid. Never again we will do this.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank malexander
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I like this place. The front desk staff is generally nice and the rooms are comfortable. Internet is spotty, though....ask for a room near the front office if you need internet. The parking is also a bit tight. The beach is right there, the rates are very reasonable, and they were cool with my dog. What else can you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!