“Great little oceanfront Inn”
Review of Colonial Inn

Colonial Inn
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The Colonial was a tremendous value with basic old fashioned accommodations. The price was great and the staff was FABULOUS! We stayed there because the northern beaches, where our house was, were not accessible for a few days due to Hurricane Irene damage. Skip the breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011
There are newer reviews for Colonial Inn

Reviewed September 12, 2011

we stayed one night, the front desk was nice, but the entire Motel needed a remodel

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank leuteha
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Col Inn in July 2004 and we loved it. The rooms were clean the staff was friendly and we had the best time. This past weekend we stayed there again because we loved it back in 2004. This time we had our kids with us. I can not say that I will ever stay there again. The rooms were dirty. There were flies all in the room, the sheets had tear and burn marks, there was a nasty spider laying by the beds, the beds were lumpy. We stayed because we had already pre paid. Never again we will do this.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank malexander
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I like this place. The front desk staff is generally nice and the rooms are comfortable. Internet is spotty, though....ask for a room near the front office if you need internet. The parking is also a bit tight. The beach is right there, the rates are very reasonable, and they were cool with my dog. What else can you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank FamilyGuyUsa
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed here with my Husband and his brother and wife, the manager gave us a very reasonable rate in comparison to the other hotels in the area, and we were very last minute. The room was very spacious and very outdated. Not that that's a problem is just isn't a sheek modern looking place. I blew the circuit breaker blow drying my hair and in under 60 seconds of calling the front desk they had it back on for me. The room was very clean, the beach is right there and the staff was so friendly and sweet. I agree with other reviews that parking is horrible but it is what it is. It really didn't bother us that much, just use caution when backing out of your spot and it's all good. =)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2011

It was a wonderful time. The rooms were clean and we had everything we needed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have only two complaints the parking is terrible, even if you find a space hopefully you have a small car since the spaces are small. Our room did not have a coffee pot as advertised since it trips the circut breaker which we did every afternoon getting ready to go out. Kerri was great and fixed it each time very quickly and informed us they will be replaced in the fall. I was made to feel at home, enjoyed being so close to the beach and our pool was nice and clean. We got a msg from Kerri on our way home about house keeping finding a necklace both of us thought we had everything. When I returned her call we found out it was my friends and she was already putting it in the mail to my home. How great is that?

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wings45
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nags Head
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
#1 of 13 in Nags Head
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn
#13 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!