“Great place, get an ocean view room”
Review of Sea Foam Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Sea Foam Motel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
Reviewed July 3, 2009

We stayed in room 39, an ocean view with two double beds. Would have preferred a king, but was fine. The room was on the 2nd floor and had a large window and balcony overlooking the ocean, which was about 30-40 yards away. We could leave the screen door open a listen to the waves laping the shore. It is retro, but also clean and nice. No laudery service in the area, so bring soap and use the clothes line on the balcony.

If your a 4 star traveler, you will likely not like the place, but if you want an amazing view, close to the water in a comportable, clean, funky place . . . get a ocean view room and enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank earthtravel1
There are newer reviews for Sea Foam Motel

Reviewed May 8, 2009

We stayed three nights in April at the Sea Foam Motel in Nags Head, NC. It's an old time motel with a fabulous location, right on the sand. The room was spotless and the housekeeping staff came early each day; the room was done by the time we got back from breakfast. The office staff was friendly; there are good restaurants nearby; we had a private balcony (second floor room) - all for $71 a night, off-season rate. A great value.

Reviewed September 1, 2008

While visiting the east coast for the first time & seeing my cousin after 20 years, I asked if we could stay at a hotel on the beach... ANY BEACH... We were driving along the OBX in Nags Head and we came acrosss this pretty colored hotel. I said "STOP!" A color from the 60's, THE SEA FOAM HOTEL ( I never knew that color had a name) I LOVED IT.

The Sea Foam Hotel has an outdoor pool & jacuzzi. It's so cool. You can see the traffic going by, and others looking at you with jelousy! The rooms reminded me of the cabins up at the lake in northern Minnesota, my home. We just drove up to the office,, didn't have a reservation,and asked for a room. And just like that, we got one on the main level.

Quaint and on the smaller side, our room was just perfect for what we were looking for. A fridge to keep the pop/beer cold, a dresser, mirror, bathroom, tv, etc... This hotel is NOT for stuffy around the edges type of people. The rooms go DIRECTLY onto the ocean. There is sand, there is moisture and there is a good time had by all. If you want perfection, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. If you want to relax, breathe easy and smile... come here! Even the guests, from all over the United States told me some of them have been coming there since they were kids with their parents.

Here is charm and plenty of it. In the mornings, grab your free coffee, go out and walk along the beach, or sit on the outdoor gazebo, pick up sea shells with the kids, walk about the patio area. Sit out front of your room and have the BEST view ever. Watch the fishman fish, the gulls fly and call, the ocean waves rolling back and forth... Just do it. The Sea Foam Hotel will always hold a special place in my heart!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank sheeerheaven
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Sea Foam is nicely located right on the beach and the rooms are good size. However, for the price we expected more up to date rooms. The bathrooms really need to be remodeled. Overall, we would stay there again if we could get a better price.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Where to start...The place was packed with no vacancies, so I maybe I expected too much. I'll just say they get top dollar for what they offer. We only used our room as a stop over for one night on our way to Avon, so the fact that is was dark and gloomy didn't matter much.The beach location was good and the beach was beautiful. I will say that the room was basically clean. If the owners would do only some minor repairs and some cosmetic improvements, I would consider the value more in line with the cost. Also, mostly I didn't care for the Nags Head area and much preferred the laid back pace of the lower outer banks of Hatteras.
It was MUCH less crowded and more picturesque.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank jtownjoni
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Sea Foam Motel in the Outer Banks Stayed May 2008, found the reviews helpful, so I decided to give it a try. My family of five arrived to a "cottage" the Elizabeth, which was suppose to be oceanfront, but was very much not. With two small kids I found the hard access to the beach a big problem, there were no steps going down the dunes therefore you had to slid down them, and try your best to get back up them. We arrived our cottage was clean, although you could tell had been shut up for a major part of the winter, it was musky and gave my sons allergies a fit. We received No housekeeping service the whole week we were there, we had to go hunt down the maid for toilet paper, wash clothes, and towels. I mean overall it was not a bad experiences, some small improvements would make this motel great. One positive thing I can say is the pool was great, nice and clean and heated they also have a kiddie pool, which was great. If you actually manage to get a room located on the beach, and some maid services your trip will be great. Good prices, so the small stuff is easily overlooked.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2007

The place reminds me of motels my family stayed at as a child. It is comfy, it is on the beach, and you can hear the waves as you drift off to sleep. It is clean. We went off season and it was still filled. They have coffee ready in the morning in a breezeway if you would like. If you want a fancy chain this is not the place. It is located in Nags Head which is in the middle of everything. I read the comment about the rust. I heard from our motel neighbor that is from the water in the motel during a North East’er. I didn’t even notice it much till they said something. They have been going there for years. I would stay there again if I was going to the Outer Banks. I almost want to take my review off because too many more people may discover it. :-)

Stayed: October 2007
#12 of 13 in Nags Head
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Sea Foam Motel? Share your experiences!