“A great place to stay in The Outer Banks (OBX) Nags Head, NC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Foam Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Sea Foam Motel
You added Sea Foam Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
New Castle, VA
“A great place to stay in The Outer Banks (OBX) Nags Head, NC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This is a Trip A (AAA) rated motel and dates back I recall to the 1940s with all of the atmosphere and construction characteristics of motels representing that era. It is on The National Historic Register. The rooms are clean although some might think they are very outdated however for me that just adds to the charm. If you want ultra modern style construction and amenities this might not be for you however their prices for this very popular vacation area are reasonable as compared to most of the other lodgings here. The oceanfront is just a short walk over the dunes the beach and they have a nice pool as well. Local attractions are but a short distance away. I look forward to staying there again which I hope may happen in the very near future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Understanding that this hotel is on the National Historic Registry, it is still extremely in need of a good renovation. The pinewood walls and ceiling didn't really bother me, although it did feel a bit claustrophobic, but this is an old seaside hotel. I certainly did not expect an expensive upscale hotel, however the whole place just felt dirty. For example, there was a fly on the lampshade that had apparently died and just sort of stuck there. Using the toilet was a feat if balance! We had reservations for two nights, but left after staying one night. On a positive note, the staff were very accommodating, there is a fridge in the room, and the location is perfect. My advice, there are other options so, until some time and money is spent on this hotel, I would exercise those options.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kim C
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I stayed with my husband we have stayed at many hotels not many motels when I first drove up I did not like the pool so far away from the rooms basically in the parking lot! And the rooms I don't think have been remodeled since 1970! Right down to the bathroom rusty sink n old old old decor I would NOT stay again.... View was pretty but the window was dirty... Surprised n shocked....

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Susan R
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at the Sea Foam Motel. The efficiency was perfect size. The staff were more than accommodating
It was a quick walk from our door to the beach. The outside pool thatvthey have was very clean and perfect temperature. We will definitely be back again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dan H
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I got room 51, which is considered a "cottage" (Goldie). It is attached to the hotel, in between the pool and the beach. It's a 2 bedroom with a big kitchen and a nice screened in back porch with a clothes line which was great for hanging out wet beach towels and swimwear. It is an old hotel with a very rustic cabin-like feel to it. It was very clean. I arrived early and watched two maids clean the room for over two hours before I checked in. It is furnished with all dishes, pots, and utensils for cooking. Being able to cook there saved lots of money over eating at restaurants all week and was convenient for the kid's constant snacking. The pool was great. Management was very polite and helpful. Was mostly families staying there. We had a great week and will definitely return. Warning though, it is an OLD hotel, NOT fancy, not a place to take your friends if you want to impress them, not a place for complainers who can't stand noise, smokers, kids, pets, drinking, wet beachy smells. Great place for easy going people to relax and let their hair down. If you're a fussy, pretentious, high-maintenance complainer type you will NOT like it. If you're an easy going, fun, laid back person you will LOVE it! I had no complaints. My family had a great time there. It's right on the beach and easy walking distance to the pier, restaurants, grocery store, ice cream shop, bike rentals, etc. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: First floor steps right out onto the beach. Second floor has a better view of the ocean. The cottage...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Location
2 Thank Traveler247_12
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

First time here and I have very little to say negatively. Motel is old and could stand some renovations. Our room #8, was dated, as I imagine they all are. The room was clean, ac was cold, TV and fridge worked fine. This was a surprisingly quiet place given all the families staying there. Slept like a rock, bed was comfortable and I am 5'9". The only 2 complaints I would have are the parking is a little tight, thankfully we didn't bring full sized pick up. And the ice room could use some revamping. Overall, our stay was pleasant and comfortable. As for all the negative reviews, if you want perfection stay somewhere else. Our visit was just fine.

Room Tip: Room 8....no complaints
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

This older motel is right on the beach. We have a two bed efficiency we every thing we need ! It is more cabin rustic, but for the price , I'm fine with that ! The management is very nice. Dolphins were swimming so close to the beach, the pool is clean, the room is quiet. Completely happy for the price and location, steps to the beach . Some of the rooms are on the beach front !

Stayed August 2014
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 19 in Kill Devil Hills
4.5 of 5 stars 680 reviews

Been to Sea Foam Motel? Share your experiences!