“Great family vacation spot” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Foam Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Sea Foam Motel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
“Great family vacation spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have been staying here for 4 years now and my grandkids won't stay anywhere else. We have met so many nice families staying there. We enjoy the laid back feeling, never rushed and don't even feel like we have to lock the door. We have always had great service from the front desk and the housekeeping staff. Only wish we could stay longer. It's not perfect but it is what we enjoy and look forward to. I tell my friends about it all the time. Love to stay in the cottage units. Have stayed in the rooms on first and second floor, efficiency and the cottage unit, so we have tried them all.

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Belmont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

We decided to stay in town for a second night and the Travelodge we had been at the night before was full. This was one of the cheapest mom and pop motels with a vacancy so we checked it out. The room was located on the second floor in the front corner facing the parking lot. We could have had one facing the ocean but it was about $30 more. The carpeting and other fixtures were dated but adequate. The shower ran lukewarm for me but was much warmer for my son 30 minutes later. The staff was friendly and the location was excellent. We discovered that many of the occupants return here every year and enjoy the location.

Room Tip: Room 43 is very large and roomy if you don't need an ocean view.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

We've just returned from a two night stay, and wish we would have booked another. Sea Foam isn't a new motel, but it shows its age gracefully and has so much character. From our enclosed balcony we had a perfect view of the beach, and screen doors on either end of the room allow for a constant breeze. In the oceanfront rooms the huge picture window allows you to wake with the sun rising over the sea, a beautiful experience.

Once we asked for a cot or rollaway and were provided a very nice auto-inflatable mattress. When my daughter left something in the room after checkout, the staff found it and were able to return it to me, states away. Every interaction with the staff from the booking to our needs during the stay was pleasant.

This was our second visit to Sea Foam, and we'll definitely be returning again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra few dollars for a second floor oceanfront room. You won't regret it.
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

My daughters and I reserved a room at the Seafoam in August 2013 based on photos and speaking with staff by phone. When we arrived we were disgusted and freaked out. The place was extremely run down, in need of every possible update. We were too tired to look elsewhere and decided to try it for one night. We slept in our clothing, did not bring our bags in from our car and made a quick get-away in the morning. The bathroom and shower were old and did not seem clean. The room decor was old, not "vintage"; nothing about the place was cute or comfortable. We would never stay there again nor would we recommend it to friends. I did not find the staff to be helpful or friendly once we arrived.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank diana s
Lancaster, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

We just returned from a week long stay with our eleven year old granddaughter and had a great time. The hotel is not fancy, but it has the best location - right on the beach. The beds were comfortable, so we slept great. One night was a little cool out with a nice breeze and we opened the sliding glass door and could listen to the waves crashing on the beach, which was so relaxing. We had an efficiency with a full size fridge, so we were able to save a little money by having breakfast and lunch in the room. The pool area is very nice too. The office staff and our housekeeper Vonda were helpful and friendly. Overall a great stay - my granddaughter was disappointed that we couldn't stay longer.

Room Tip: Room 42, a corner efficiency on the second floor has a great view of the beach.
Hedgesville, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

During my husband's shower, he was constantly scalded & frozen by the variant water temperature. We called the front desk at 6pm and were sent to voicemail. I left a message asking for assistance with the water temp. I also explained on my voicemail that we have an infant and a child that we are unable to bathe for fear of scalding water. At 9:10pm, I called back again, but they had closed at 9pm. I left another voicemail stating we needed assistance and were unable to bathe our children. I also explained we were a bit upset by the large cockroach we found in the bathroom.
I had hoped that someone would be spot checking messages overnight in case a guest needed assistance, but we received no call. It was a sleepless night. (not to mention the drop ceiling that lifted up when the breeze came through- we could just envision bugs falling on us in our sleep).
The next morning, we packed up as fast as we could. Still, no one had called us back (husband had been in our room the whole time, waiting for someone to come). At 8:56am, I went to the office. There were staff inside but they still had their CLOSED sign flipped. The door was unlocked, so I entered. (was told they don't open until 9am; what kind of hospitality doesn't open until 9 in the morning!?)
I explained the entire situation. The gentleman at the desk was not able to explain any of my issues nor why no one called or came to check on us. As for the roach, one of the girls said, “Oh, that’s a water bug.” I told her we had it trapped in the bathroom for them to inspect. I did a little research & turns out- what they call ‘water bugs’ are Palmetto bugs which are roaches. They ran my card, offering no discounts for our night of misery. Can you imagine spending a day at Busch Gardens in 85 degree heat with sweat & bugs and not being able to get your kids clean, then send them to bed when you know there are bugs? I asked that a manager call me. Surprise, surprise- no one ever called.
Now, we aren’t used to fancy rooms with high end amenities. We stayed a night at the Holiday Inn and felt like it was the Ritz. That being said, this was our worst vacation experience ever.
Oh, and there was a stray cat with kittens running about outside our room all night!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
4 Thank lgraceme
Grand Rapids
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Sea Foam Motel is a pleasant change from the predictable, cookie-cutter hotel/motel chains. The motel is located on a beautiful stretch of beach and is close to Jennette Pier and plenty of great restaurants. The next time we're in Nags Head, we plan to book a room at the motel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
#10 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Sea Foam Motel? Share your experiences!