“Feels like home”
Review of Sea Foam Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Sea Foam Motel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Nags Head
Pungo, North Carolina, United States
“Feels like home”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This motel always has a laid-back atmosphere. Me and my family stay at least once a year and we enjoy it. If you are lucky enough to get an oceanfront first floor room, you are in for a treat. The hotel is a little dated but it is always clean and the staff always friendly. Their rooms is a good size and the rooms on the first floor oceanfront have screened doors so that is great. From the first floor you can walk right onto the sand and the ocean is only a few steps away. The have a gazebo where you can sit enjoy your favorite beverage, and let all your worries be swept away. The guests there is always interesting people, so if you like meeting people from all over this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the oceanfront rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Otwell, Indiana
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The classic beach motel is a disappearing part of Americana. Fortunately, for those of us who still love a screen door, a real key for the door, and knotty pine paneling, the Sea Foam is still going strong. We stayed for a couple of days in March when we were just about the only ones on the beach. This place is the perfect example of yesteryear; when we return to Nags Head, the Sea Foam will certainly be our choice. The price is reasonable and the rooms are spotless. Be sure and get an ocean side room...you'll be lulled to sleep by the surf.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank twhighbanks
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We recently made the trip out to the Outer Banks to celebrate a birthday, we didn't really plan ahead, just went for the day on a whim, so we didn't have a hotel room when we arrived. We wanted to be cost-conservative but really hoped for a place on the beach. An employee at an ice cream shop nearby told us the Sea Foam was a great little place to stay so we went for it and are SO glad we did! We had a blast, our room surprisingly had a balcony with a view of the ocean and that's where we spent the majority of our time! The front desk attendant was very helpful, telling us which restaurants were a must-try, he was right on all accounts! We had a blast and will be back!

Room Tip: Our room was on the side of the hotel but still had a balcony with a great view of the ocean!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Allie F
Barboursville, Virginia
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We have been going to the Sea Foam for about fifteen years. We love it. We like to stay on the bottom floors facing the ocean. It's like sleeping on the beach but you still have a bed, climate control if desired, a refrigerator, and a secure place to store belongings. It was great staying here when our kids were really little. You don't have to transport all kinds of beach gear and children by pack or car. You just walk out the screened door and you're on the beach! If kids are tired, sun-burned, hungry, or thirsty, you can just walk back in, instead of having to pack up everyone and treck back to the hotel. There is a nice little swimming pool, a sea- saw, a swing-set, and even shuffle-board. There are ancient, salt corroded, swinging screened doors facing the ocean. I like to leave the wooden door open, and let the sea breeze and sound of the waves and seagulls blow through the room. Also, it is a very short walk on the beach to Jeannette's Pier. There is also very good surf fishing in front of the motel. Sam and Omie's is a good restaurant within walking distance. I believe Sam and Omie's has been there for close to 100 years. The staff at Sea Foam have always been warm and down-to-earth. They just hired a new maintenance guy, who I think, basically, has carte blanche to address maintenance concerns (which they seem to have been accumulating over the years). The Sea Foam feels authentic rather than fussy.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kavitacat1
Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Choose this place as something different. The 50's look is unique. Bottom line I really enjoyed my stay although it's hard to say why, you will either love the unique experience or you find it dated and overpriced. Rooms were dated but acceptable, but if you get the oceanfront rooms you won't be disappointed with the view, smells or sounds. I would stay here again is the best way sum it all up, reminded me of vacations as a child.

• Stayed June 2012
Sterling, VA
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was my first time on the Outer Banks, and since money was kind of an issue this year, I went online to look for an inexpensive place to stay and still be on the beach. Since I'd never been here before, I was kind of flying blind so I didn't know what to expect. I was delighted with the Sea Foam! I was disappointed at not being able to get an oceanfront room (the place was booked solid) but I was able to get a poolside room tucked in the corner, and I still was able to get on the beach in no time flat and had the added bonus of seeing gorgeous sunsets every evening. We stayed for eight nights. Our room was clean and the maid service would come in every day to vacuum and straighten up if we so desired. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful. We didn't require much, but our every need was met. The location near Jeannette's Pier, outlet mall, excellent restaurants, and other places of interest was ideal. I will totally recommend the Sea Foam and will stay here again if I ever get an opportunity to visit the Outer Banks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The staff seemed to want to help you if you needed something. Older Hotel matches up with the Nice September Price. Every thing went my way this time last year. Now I am headed back to Sea Foam again and have a good feeling about it. I am Just Lucky that way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
#13 of 13 in Nags Head
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Sea Foam Motel? Share your experiences!