“The Pizza Was Good; The Service Not So Much”
Review of Stone Oven Pizza

Stone Oven Pizza
Ranked #71 of 89 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The Stone Oven used to be in Tanger's Mall and was pizza headquarters for us. This was our first visit since they moved and I doubt if there will be another one. The pizza was good, thin crust completely done, with fresh tasting ingredients and a very tasty sauce. The view and location looking out onto the Sound was awesome. The service, however, was some of the most neglectful we had on our trip.

We visited on a Saturday afternoon and the place was almost deserted. There were 2 older teen females behind the cash register intently focused on their phones. We seated ourselves, that was o.k. with us, but then it took quite awhile before one of them came to take our order. After our meal was finally served and I had paid the bill and started towards the door, I had to stop and convince our waitress that, yes, we had already paid in cash and no, she did not give us a receipt. In short, go for the pizza but be prepared to endure the lack of service. Enjoy it but you won't be seeing us there again.

1  Thank John P

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Went to Stone Oven Pizza in Nags Head, NC last night. Got a Pizza Supreme. Was so good, (great thin crust) I went back tonight. Very good pizza and good friendly service.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We got pizza delivery from here while on vacation and it was terrible. Worse than frozen boxed pizza. The sauce on the pizza had no taste.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I just don't get the positive reviews unless they are relatives pf the owners or they really, really love crappy food. Realize that it is the Outer Banks off-season, but this was pretty bad even for a not-particularly-fussy diner. The place was empty save for the two children running through the dining room and a surly, disinterested teen sitting at the bar busy with her cell phone. "Are you closed?" I asked. She thought they were open. All I wanted was a take out menu, which I brought back to the car for hubby to peruse. He decided that a Greek salad would be ok, and went in to order it. Unfortunately the adult who eventually came out of the kitchen told him there was no Greek dressing because he "was having trouble getting it". Yeah, I see how such an exotic condiment could be a problem being so scarce. Anyway, after the teenager and younger kid fought over the cash register we went back to the hotel to relax and eat. Pretty crappy, limp lettuce, too many onions, mushy tomatoes. Glad we saved pizza for another night. Avoid this place.

1  Thank Kayakgirl55
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We were tired and starving but we couldn't finish our food. The calzone dough tasted sour as if the dough may have gone bad and the interior was raw. It was also unbelievably salty and covered in nasty parmesan ( like the cannef kind.) My husband's sub was on bread with texture of a hot dog bun and some of the meatstill had the plastic from the wrapper on it.
The wings wete fine. We wasted our money.