“Great lunch!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Eight of us dropped in for a late lunch at a busy time yet we were promptly seated. Each of us ordered something different except my wife and I. We ordered the fish tacos with Mahi being the fish of the day. It was delicious! It was also very filling and unlike normal, I didn't try a bit of everyone else's dish. Never heard any complaints from my group and no one had any leftovers!

We will be back next month and this restaurant will be on our visit list.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Got here 5 minutes before opening and about 20 people waiting outside. Got seated right away and even though the kitchen was probably slammed as the place was full in 15 minutes our food was great. Super steamed clams, inventive sandwiches. Menu is essentially unchanged for 10 years but there is still something for everyone.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We came during dinner and had to wait forever. We were told to try to get seats at the bar if we didn't want to wait that long, or we could sit on the benches out front. The bar was full of people sipping on drinks, not even eating. We eventually sat outside because the place was super tiny and we felt like we were in the way while trying to get bar seats. From reading other reviews at this time, apparently there is another area out back to wait. Gee, that would have been nice for the hostess to tell us. We had conch fritters, fish tacos, and crawfish. Hubby says the crawfish was "decent, not the best." He had much better crawfish elsewhere a few days later. The conch fritters were disgusting - terrible tasting fillers and little tiny hard bits of what I assume was supposed to be the conch. Oh well, we were just trying to branch out a bit. Fish tacos had absolutely no flavor. I had fish tacos at several places and these were ranked at the bottom of my list. My tacos came out without the cheese on them. Our server treated me like a dumb child and stated that the cheese was under the other ingredients. Nope, it wasn't. I dug through them to see. She did bring me a small amount of cheese after I continued to tell her there was no cheese. Pricing was average for OBX. We did buy a couple shirts and a hat from the little gift corner while we were waiting on a table. Their logo turtle is cute but our food and experience was such that now I wish we hadn't bought them. Can't see any reason to eat here again.

2  Thank Tosha L
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Tortuga's Lie is a family tradition! Today our party of 9 was seated and served quickly. We enjoyed fish tacos (they're great), the special surf n turf burger (a burger with fresh lump crabmeat...yummo) and grilled cheese. Always a great time at Tortuga's Lie!!!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

The wait is long, but the food is excellent! Even the kids enjoyed their meals. The food has a Caribbean theme. It's a little pricey, but we only go out to dinner once during our week stay.