“A fun place with good food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tortugas' Lie Shellfish Bar

Tortugas' Lie Shellfish Bar
Ranked #7 of 80 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups, Jamaican, Caribbean
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tupelo, Mississippi
“A fun place with good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Went for late lunch and they were still very busy. Since it was also off season was a good sign.
Had the fish tacos which were great--plenty of fish plus a side dish of rice, black beans, tomatoes and sour cream. Staff was busy but friendly. Grat selection of beers. Will return again!

• Visited October 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Steamed Shrimp!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We ate at Tortuga's Lie a few weeks ago and I am still thinking about their steamed shrimp. We came here because of the other trip advisor's reviews and because of the Coastal Living best seafood dive recognition. We had to wait for 45 minutes so I was a little irritated and ready to hate the place by the time we were finally seated. Well their food makes up for the wait. Our daughter does not eat seafood. She ordered the hamburger and said it was the BEST hamburger she has ever had in her life. I don't know about that but I can tell you I ate the best steamed shrimp I have ever had in my life there. My husband is still mad that he ordered scallops and not steamed shrimp. I let him try one, but only one. ha!

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Wendell, North Carolina
“LOVE IT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Rather busy anytime they are open and for good reason. Food is awesome and the location is great! Their seafood taste just fantastic. Little pricey but do-able. Love this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Springfield, Virginia
“Easy to see why the locals love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We ended up here after our original dinner plans fell thru elsewhere. Being a landlubber I had a Teriyaki burger which was delicious and huge! Took 1/2 of it home. Rest of our party had different nightly specials that the seafood lovers declared delicious: scallops prepared au-gratin style; tuna steak; and wonderful crab cakes the size of baseballs. The atmosphere is nothing fancy but the collection of license plates from all over and other sea related items are fun. We've heard their steam spiced shrimp is some of the best anywhere - that will be tested next trip.

• Visited September 2013
va.
“Looking for my plates!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Not only looking for my license plates that were donated....but looking for my wonderful plate of food that will be put before me to devour. It is a must go place for us when we head for the OBX, but was unable to go the last time. Can't wait to go again.

• Visited May 2013