“Another good dinner”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Southern Shores, North Carolina
“Another good dinner”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a relaxed dinner tonight with my wife. I had the hatteras chowder followed by the fish tacos, with my wife having the mahi-mahi special. The dinner was very good again and it was great sitting there and enjoying the local crowd mixed with OBXWE visitors. Not fancy, but good dining with a varied food selection. One of my top choices on the OBXWE.

Virginia
“Dang that Sauce Is Hot.......”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a great little place with solid unpretentious food. An island theme is promoted right down to the private lable hot sauce which is scorchingly spicy. Dammit Mon!

Conch fritters were not the best I've had, but they were hot and fried and tasty and would have benefitted by the inclusion of conch - which seemed to be pretty much missing. Like a crabcake in Kansas I guess. Duh...... But for 9 bucks?????

This place seems to sell a lot of steamed seafood and the shrimp looked great. Burgers, grilled chicken, some pastas with seafood, and the usual suspects. Fried oysters were ok - plenty to eat in a hard fried cornmeal crust which would have benefitted from some thought and seasoning. A re-do of that recipe is in order.

Over all, a fun vibe, varied menu, and attentive service.

They need to jack up their selection of non-alcoholic beers. O'Doul's just doesn't cut it. Really, O'Doul's? Seriously????

High Point, North Carolina
“Very enjoyable laid back afternoon!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Cool little spot (note I said "little" so expect to wait for a table). It was worth the wait.....good beer and even better food. We had beers outside while we waited to be seated. Enjoyed the sunshine and made new friends. I tried the fish tacos which were delicious.

Richmond, Virginia
“Local's Favorite”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This quaint little restaurant has great food! We were introduced to this place by some friends who live in the outer banks. Our latest visit in November, in the off season, following hurricane Sandy, was a surprise to find the place packed. The service was fast and friendly.

Two of our party got the steamed platter combo and they both raved over it. I got the jerk beef that comes with rice and black beans. I'm on a low carb diet and asked if I could substitute something else and they immediately offered steamed vegetables as an alternative. They were delicious by the way.

Mays Landing, New Jersey
“A Great Start to Vacation”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I decided to make this our lunch stop on the way to Corolla for a week of OBX vacation. It was a long drive from New Jersey, and there was a long wait to get a seat., but I am glad that we did. The food was delicious and the service was efficient through a bit rushed. I am not faulting the rush, though, as this is typical for a busy lunchtime at many restaurants trying to get people in and out and back to work. Please plan for the wait, though, as the crowd did not really seem to let up.

I had their wings appetizer, which was very good. I also had their chowder which was very good. For my main course, I had their jerk steak, which was the only dish I was a bit disappointed in. It was delicious and well-flavored, but unexpectedly mild for a "jerk" dish. Jerk is supposed to be hot and spicy, not mild, and this was very mild. Sure the flavor was right, but please do not call it "jerk" if it does not meat one of the primary characteristics of jerk seasoning.

• Visited October 2012