“Favorite in Nags Head”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We always eat here first, last, and at least once more during the week. The food is great, the service is friendly and fast, and the value is awesome. My husband loves the fish sandwiches and I love that there are several veg choices. Our little one loves looking at the fish tanks!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed October 12, 2011

It's a very small, very noisy place, at least when the bar is full. Loud enough you need to shout at the other folks in your party, which means it's too loud in my opinion. Also the small size of the place, plus the bar taking up well over 50% of the inside make you feel sort of crammed in.

We went on Wednesday, Sushi night based on recommendations to try the Sushi. The Sushi menu is both Americanized and Beachized. That said, I had some interesting combination I'd never tried before, the Fried Hawaiian was particularly interesting and good.

If you're looking for a bar to hang out at with good food, you have a winner. If you're looking for a restaurant that also has a bar, you'll probably want to pass on this one.

1  Thank Leo B
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Disappointed w/the portion sizes; very little crab in our quesadillas. Staff should have told us a 20% gratuity was automatically added to our bill before we placed our order - average service. No choice of vegetables with dinner.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

ive been going to outerbanks for about 42 years and have ate at alot of restauants there. Some of which are gone, but our favorite restaurant hands down is Tortugas Lie. When at the beach, thats the place you want to be, when not on the beach. Go there for lunch and have Shaun make you an orange crush drink, order the grilled tuna sandwich, usually the specail and get the fries!!!!!!! There is usually a wait, but it is worth it... the only thing i would change is to not play sports channels, maybe the barstool hogs will eat then leave opening up some stools for other patrons to enjoy this place......

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We were encouraged to visit based on a suggestion by several locals. I expected the food to be pretty good. Well the meal wasn't what I expected.....it was way better. The meals were great. I had the Baja Fish Taco Platter: of 2 soft fish tacos stuffed with jack cheese, sliced cabbage & avacado, lime dressing, sour cream and jalapeños. I can't believe how good the food was and I will be back for more. the decor is great too and the staff is both friendly and knowledgeable. In fact the owner was out doingva little maintenance and took a few minutes to visit with us. We felt welcome and I'm sure we will return.