“Delicious crab cakes”

Miller's Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Overlooking the beautiful Roanoke Sound, Miller's Waterfront Restaurant has been family owned and operated since 1982. Offering lunch and dinner daily in the restaurant downstairs with early bird specials from 4:00-5:00 pm. New for 2016 is The Waterfront Sunset Bar located upstairs, above the original restaurant. The Waterfront is a more casual & relaxed atmosphere focusing on small plates and an unparalleled view of the water.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Really nice place to eat, the crab cakes were quite good and each person in our party enjoyed their meal. The hush puppies were sweet and tasty! We would go back and recommend it to others.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We ate dinner here on 15 June 2013 while visiting Nags Head NC. The restaurant sits on the water and enjoys a nice view. It’s large with ample seating area. We were able to use the 20 percent discount if you are seated by 5 PM which is nice when the check arrives. Check out the coupon books for the coupon, it is in almost every book. There was no wait to be seated, which was a surprise. The wait staff was attentive and made for an enjoyable dining experience. They have a large menu, but the focus is on sea food, but there are plenty of other items if that is not your calling. I had the Broiled Fisherman’s Platter with fries and a vegetable and salad, and my wife had the blackened grilled shrimp, with baked potato and vegetable. First the waiter brought us a basket of hush puppies that were the best we have tasted, and we’ve eaten a few!! My platter consisted of shrimp, scallops, and crab cake. The shrimp and scallops were great; cooked properly and juicy. The crab cake was not bad, but not up to the standards of the other servings. It was dry and looked like it might have a bit too much breading. It was OK, but not great. The fries and vegetables were what you would expect. My wife’s shrimp were very good; a fair number and well turned out. The prices were moderate for the beach scene and the servings were worth what you had to pay.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

After having a fabulous meal at Mulligan's earlier in the week, I was super excited to try Miller's as it was rated higher that Mulligan's. So disappointed. Food was terrible. Cold, overpriced, tasteless. I got the special of the day - Red Snapper with jumbo lump crab meat and citrus hollandaise. The crab tasted as though it came right out of a can, and the hollandaise had no flavor at all. The raved about hush puppies were ice cold when they came out, and were stale tasting. This was an expensive meal that tasted like it came from a low price seafood restaurant.

1  Thank kinkak
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch. Hubby and I had the lunch special, tuna steak on Pretzle Roll with a Dijon mustard sauce. Wow, it was amazing! $12.99, a bit pricey, but worth it. We used the special offered on foursquare, which was a nice gesture. The service was phenomenal, the food was too. We had a table overlooking the sound which added to our overall experience. I'd recommend this place.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We showed up at 830PM Monday night. As expected it was very empty because we were probably one of their last customers. The food, the service and atmosphere was top notch! We had a group of 6 and had varieties from Fried Flounder, Fried Shrimp, Popcorn Shrimp, Fried Scallops, Broiled Crab-cakes, Baked Potatoes, Fried Green Tomatoes and veggies. It was awesome! And I mean everything. I think I enjoyed the flounder the best but it was all great. My 9-yr old son devoured his flounder in minutes. It's not cheap but great seafood isn't. The kicker is they have an awesome pier in the back and we took photos of the kids out there. Very scenic location and great memories had this night! Thanks Millers!