“Family Fun”

Miller's Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Overlooking the beautiful Roanoke Sound, Miller's Waterfront Restaurant has been family owned and operated since 1982. Offering lunch and dinner daily in the restaurant downstairs with early bird specials from 4:00-5:00 pm. New for 2016 is The Waterfront Sunset Bar located upstairs, above the original restaurant. The Waterfront is a more casual & relaxed atmosphere focusing on small plates and an unparalleled view of the water.
Edenton, North Carolina, United States
“Family Fun”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Love this place. We celebrate birthdays and special occasions there. We drive over an hour but it is worth it everytime. Love, love, love the lobster rolls!

• Visited August 2012

Fredericktown, Ohio
“Why I visit Nags Heads”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

In 2011, I made a spur of the moment decision to go to the Outer Banks, North Carolina. With no reservations, no iternary, and no connections to the area, We found ourselves in Nags Head. After a full day taking in as much as we could, we decided on a nearby place for a nice dinner. Neither of us had ever eaten at a restaurant overlooking the water, but I had always wanted to. Miller's Waterfront Restaurant looked perfect. It met all my expectations when we went inside: pleasant atmosphere, great view of the Sound, and most importantly to me, very clean. We were greeted by Katie, whom we decided instantly was as sweet as she is beautiful. In fact, every staff member in the restaurant is exceptionally courteous and pleasant. We loved this place from the moment we walked in- and we had not even gotten to the food yet. When it arrived, it didn't take long to realize I was eating one of the best meals of my life. My girlfriend agreed. I had never been a big seafood lover, but this experience changed that forever. Before we left our table that night, we had already made up our minds that we would be back the following day for lunch. We continued with that routine everyday for the rest of our stay, alternating lunch and dinner there. At one point, I was able to sneak off and pull Katie aside. Without my girlfriend knowing it, Katie and I made arrangements so I could propose to my girlfriend when we returned the next month. So, in August 2011, we returned and everything proceeded just as planned. My girlfriend was completely surprised and the night was perfect, thanks to Katie and the staff (she said yes, by the way). When summer 2012 rolled around, we made another trip to Nags Head. Of course, our first stop immediately after checking into our hotel room was Miller's. And, for the rest of our stay, our agenda revolved around whether we were doing Miller's for lunch or dinner. It may seem like an obsession to some at this point, but we just can't get enough of this restaurant. If there weren't 800 miles between us and Miller's. it could easily become an addiction. We love this restaurant, both food and staff. I'd say if you go to Nags Head, you're missing out if you don't go here.

• Visited August 2012
New River Gorge, WV
“First time eating here, we'll be back!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had a long wait but went outside and watched the sunset - beautiful deck. We had good service - grilled shrimp & grilled crabcake were delicious! We'll be back on our next OBX trip.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jo W
Southbury, Connecticut
“Good food, good value”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

The food was very good and the waiter was the best I've seen in a long time. Well worth the visit. Reasonably priced. The fish was fresh and prepared very well.

1 Thank Peter K
“A $55.00 Mistake”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We wanted to go to Sam and Omie's but it was packed. We chose Miller's Waterfront Restaurant because it was close and we wanted seafood. When we pulled into the parking lot, it was mostly empty. Never a good sign at 8:00 p. m. on a Saturday night. Service was mediocre considering the dining room was mostly empty. I ordered the Broiled Trawl Boat Platter consisting of shrimp, scallops and crab cake. My wife ordered fried flounder. We had ordered salads which came promptly with hush puppies which tasted like they came frozen in a bag. Our entrees arrived before we had eaten half our salads. I noticed an odd smell as my plate was placed in front of me. Not a pleasant smell. The entree consisted of 6 shrimp, 2 silver dollar sized scallops and a silver dollar sized crab cake served in a casserole dish. Three quarters of the plate was taken up by French fries. Not a lot for the $21.99 menu price. When I bit into the first shrimp, it tasted so foul I spit it into my napkin. I resisted the urge to send the whole meal back to the kitchen. I ate the rest in about 6 bites. The scallops were ok, but the crab cake had no flavor. When our server returned to ask how the meal was, I told him that the shrimp was bad. He offered to bring another order of shrimp. I declined his offer figuring if the first 6 were bad, the next 6 would be no better. I ended up eating half of my wife's order of flounder, which tasted good. What shocked me was that the server never apologized for the poor quality of the food, never offered an alternative to the shrimp, and never offered to adjust the bill. I wasn't expecting to get the meal for free, but I didn't think I should pay full price either. I paid my bill and left vowing
to my wife never to return. I

1 Thank sgtelroy