“A perfect last lunch!”

Mulligan's Grille in Historic Cottage Row
Ranked #12 of 83 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located at milepost 13 in Nags Head across from Jockey's Ridge State Park, we have unbelievable views from our second floor deck of the Atlantic Ocean and the historic Nags Head cottages. As a matter of fact, we don't believe that you can truly unwind until you've ordered an Orange Crush on the deck at Mulligan's! Take a look at our menu or daily specials page on our website to see what local seafood we are getting in today and know that we strive to buy as much of our products as locally as possible-local seafood, local produce, and locally butchered meats. We strive to bring only the freshest local food to your table, from hand-cut beach fries to oysters straight from the Pamlico Sound. We give a whole new meaning to Southern Coastal cuisine. We are also dog friendly! Come and enjoy our outdoor covered patio with your fur friend from 11am-5pm. So come hang out where the locals are... At Mulligan's Raw Bar & Grille!
“A perfect last lunch!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Again, a parking lot full of local cars and trucks. We wanted fish for our last beach meal. I had a special, grilled tuna over black beans and blue tortillas with salsa and cheese and great stuff. It was excellent and my Guinness was fresh and perfect. Steve's broiled platter was perfectly seasoned and beach fries were hot and good. Service was great, food was fast and very good, the prefect end to our break from routine!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Madjac355

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Seafood and burgers”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was on Nags Head for business in January and looking for a place to eat dinner. Thanks to TripAdvisor for recommending this restaurant. It offers seafood and some of the best burgers on Nags Head. Staff are very attentive and the food is great.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank OnTheGox2
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Wonderful place!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Mulligans is the Cheers of the OBX. Truly, if Gus (the owner) doesn't know your name when you go in, he will before you leave. The food is prepared to perfection...exactly like you like it. No nuking here. Servers are helpful and very attentive without begin overbearing. We were in the OBX 5 days and ended up eating there 4 times. I recommend the steamed oysters (and I have been to Apalachicola) and the tuna. Amazing. Gus is Greek so try the Gyro. My husband loved the burger and the jambalaya. If you are spending a week in the OBX go early in the week because you will want to go back!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank AReego
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Good food”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stopped for lunch and I had the fried shrimp while my boyfriend had the shrimp fajita wrap. Both were delicious and they give you generous portions. The service was a little slow, but she was friendly. I would recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Brooke T
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice, Casual Stop”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Driving around Nags Head and just looking for a quick lunch bite. We came upon Mulligans. Looked a little bit like a tourist trap with the cheesy signs out front; I don't mind that. Upon closer inspection, it could easily pass for a great local hangout. Walking up to the restaurant, we could see all the diners (and drinkers) sitting at the open-air tables on the second floor. Nice setup for mild days. We sat inside and ordered. I got their shrimp po-boy special. I know my po-boys. They piled the shrimp on as thick as anywhere I've been; very generous. Generally a good taste, but a bit dry. Had what I think was a remoulade sauce that helped but still a bit lacking. Good overall but not great. My wife had a salad and sandwich. The sandwich was a pimento cheese and carved ham combination. She loved it. Pimento cheese is a hit or miss anywhere you go. This was a hit. Throw a couple beers in with our food and it turned out to be a good, casual lunch for us. Just what we were looking for. It's a good alternative to some of the classic seafood houses on the island.

Visited November 2012