“Good restaurant masquerading as a pub.”
Review of Red Drum Taphouse

Red Drum Taphouse
Ranked #19 of 84 Restaurants in Nags Head
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Washington DC
“Good restaurant masquerading as a pub.”
Reviewed May 29, 2009

Ate dinner here 29 May 2009 Much better than pub food. Prompt and attentive service by Brandi for party of 14. Would return and would recommend to a friend.

Bethesda,Md.
“Great Food -very loud.”
Reviewed May 18, 2009

The seafood at the Red Drum is among the very best I have ever had (and I grew up on the Jersey shore and have lived in NYC,WDC and have traveled and eaten extensively on both coasts).The oysters ,tuna,scallops and shrimp were all fresh and excellently prepared: and very reasonably priced.Absolutely go for the food!
On the other hand : the place was very loud and noisy.It is a bar and the ambiance is definitely not"fine dining". Service was friendly ,but a little quirky:we asked for a wine list but were told there wasn't one,the waitress then rattled off some of the selections available by the glass,which we then ordered.A few minutes later we see a waitress bringing a bottle of wine to another table. Go figure?
So --- go for the excellent food and don't expect tablecloths or linen napkins.

beobx
“Amazing food, Great prices, Great service!”
Reviewed March 2, 2009

I am a local and LOVE this restaurant. The staff is fun and good at what they do. And I love the variety in the menu. I always send friends and family to this restaurant!

PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Flounder in OBX”
Reviewed September 14, 2008

I love this restaurant for seafood.. they have the best fried flounder I ever had... also very reasonable... I go here every time I'm in OBX... it's my second favorite after Tale of the Whale.

klrnms84
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Poor Service”
Reviewed August 25, 2008

The service staff was very rude. We did not get drink refills, or any attention what so ever. It was absolutley rediculous. On top of the terrible service, the food and drink were hideous. The beer tasted as though it was in a cup dipped in salt and the food tasted like it were marinated in nothing but salt. I would not reccommend this restaurant to my worst enemy.