“Would not go back”

Ranked #18 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This location was recommended by our hotel. The prices were a little high for the quality of food. My husband ordered shrimp and grits. The grits were undercooked,bland and dry. They do not serve baked potatoes. I got a steak. The smallest steak was 12oz. Steak was outstanding. Garlic potatoes tasted like they were instant potatoes. I asked for a salad. Had to pay almost $5.00 extra for a side salad. The salad did not come with the meal. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Service was good and friendly.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We enjoyed a great meal, the menu included seafood and sandwiches. The staff was friendly and the meal was a good value. It would be a good place to go to watch ACC basketball at the bar.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This location was recommended by our hotel. The food was good, but the prices seemed to be a bit high for the quantity/quality received. The bar area was a bit loud and distracted from the normal tranquility of a dining area.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went to the Red Drum by the hotel front desk suggestion. When we were seated I was expecting bar fare, bot was I in for a surprise. My son wanted the "Fresh Stuffed Jalapeños" to start, from the first bite of fresh (not frozen-premade) pepper with the cilantro/green onion sour cream and chipotle salsa I knew we were in for a treat. I had a Mahi special...spectacular. My son had the Seafood sauté....outstanding. My brother had a crab cake special which was also fantastic. All the sides were great as well. I had just returned from the Bahamas a couple of days ago, and not one seafood meal compared to this. Don't pass this place up!!!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My
Husband and I were taking an evening walk when we came upon the place so we decided to step in and look at the menu. We stayed and enjoyed a quick dinner and a nice bottle of wine.
I had the steamed shrimp and veggies, he had a salad with grilled salmon, everything was very good. In fact we enjoyed it so much we went back later in the week.