“annual tradition!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sooey's BBQ
Ranked #30 of 80 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“annual tradition!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

This has become our group's official first night at the beach meal-- the barbecue is good, the sides are great (some of them a bit decadent) and everyone is happy. Reasonable and convenient.

Visited August 2012

East Berlin, Pennsylvania
“Ate every bite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

My daughters and I had chicken strips (yeah, yeah...), a pulled chicken sandwich, Mac and cheese, cole slaw, hush puppies, and fries. All delicious and wonderful. Seemed pricey, but it's a tourist location, so I kind of expect it. The employees were friendly with everyone that came in.

We ate outside and enjoyed just watching people across the street at the dunes or walking by. Wasn't busy, so was a nice place to chill and chat.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Passaic, New Jersey
“Service and Pulled Pork Saved The Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We werent planning on going to Sooeys for lunch this Tuesday, but after an longer-than-expected morning at the beach with our son and a friend of his, we were almost as famish as exhausted.

The good people at Sooey's were quick to accomodate our two troublemakers and rushed hush puppies out for them to snack, which was wonderful. We ordered them southern fried chicken and pulled pork. I dont eat meat, so I had the crab cake sandwich.

Everything was delicious, but the pulled pork was remarkable, according to my wife and son. They loved it!

Yes, it's a little more than you'd pay in a non-tourist area, but it's WELL worth it.

1 Thank LeoSaraceni
CT
“Good Food, Priced Slightly High”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I visited this location on Aug 15th. The food was really good and the atmosphere is what you would expect from a N.C BBQ Joint. I did think the price was a little high for the size of the portions, but all in all the food was good. I had the brisket which hit the spot and my wife had the pulled chicken which was moist and full of flavor.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KS1980
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ribs Taste Like My Mom's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The best ribs I have had anywhere. I always order a full rack and eat the second half cold at home. Get extra hush-puppies!

• Visited June 2012