“Go. Ask for Alex!”

Pamlico Jacks
Ranked #10 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pamlico Jack's Soundfront Restaurant combines the natural beauty and local history of the Outer Banks with delicious island cuisine for a delightfully fun experience. Currently open Tuesday through Saturday, after April 3, we will be open 7 days a week. We serve fresh Gulf Stream seafood, certified Angus beef, tasty homemade pasta selections in generous portions and delectably decadent desserts. Lighter fare ranging from burgers to sandwiches, soups to salads and a variety of appetizers are also available. You'll certainly have no problem selecting your favorite vintage from our extensive wine list. We have had the honor of receiving the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for well over 20 years in a row. You'll not suffer from dehydration either with our wide selection of beers, micro brews and custom cocktail beverages ranging from Jack's Hideaway Rum Jumper to the frozen Mariners' Mango Pain Killer! Our outdoor Rum Jumpers bar is an authentically replicated pirate ship, complete with sails and rigging, which leads you onto our large open-air soundfront deck with spectacular sunset views and live entertainment.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We found this place in searching for seaside seafood restaurants. The food was extremely well proportioned and affordable; the service was spectacular! We had Alex as our sever and he made the experience beyond exceptional. Go. Enjoy. Great. Food.

2  Thank RLCrouse

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Out of the 3 dinners we ordered 2 were very good but mine was not. I ordered the special "Local Mahi Oscar". When I got it, I was sure that the fish was not done and had it sent back. (I never do this). The waiter was very kind and came back shortly saying the chef said that this was how this fish cooked, that it was called blubber mahi or some such thing. To be fair, they did offer to let me have a different selection off the menu but I thought I'd give it a try. The second try was no better. I ate some but mostly filled up on the bits of crab, potato and vegie. After talking with another local chef, I was told this fish was not local but a Sysco product. I have tried to google the fish as it was referred to by the waiter but have had no luck. The view there was nice and the service great. I would have probably enjoyed my meal if I'd stuck to more standard fare.

1  Thank WVyankee
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I had dined at the 30 year old Kelly's seafood on the outer banks and really enjoyed the food and service there. We learned Kelly's also owns and runs two other Outer Banks Restaurants, one of which is Pamlico Jack's It is a much more elaborate setting than Kelly's but the food is wonderful also. We sat in a windowed room over the Sound which is next to a faux pirate ship on which there is deck dining. There were many families there and the place was crawling with "Little Pirates" as they have a children's menu. We enjoyed both a dozen raw oysters and dozen raw mid neck clams. My wife also had their signature fried green tomatoes. My entree was a triple filet of swordfish, mahi mahi and cobela over pearl rice. My wife enjoyed a Mediterranean salmon filet over a very interesting green scallion fettucine. For desert we had a very enjoyable Mandarin Orange cake. The reason for our very good rating is we enjoyed Kelly's a bit more and we rated Kelly's excellent as food was similar, but service and welcome was greater at Kelly's.

1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This place sits right on the "sound" in Nags Head. I felt like we were eating on a pirate ship with Blackbeard himself. The restaurant has a huge window giving guests an amazing view. If you like seafood, this place has plenty of local catch of the day/daily specials to offer. The food is reasonably priced but could easily be bumped up a little and still be worth it. I had blackened Mahi and my gf ordered a tuna steak on top of fettuccini. This place ranks in my top 3 best places to eat in OBX.

1  Thank Alpha1098
Reviewed May 28, 2014

While they offer fancier choices, my husband & I opted for the hamburgers. We both said it was the best hamburger we'd ever eaten anywhere. It was just that good. It was our first night in town and only chose this restaurant simply because it was one of the few that were open. Though it was 20 minutes until closing time, they were more than friendly by welcoming us to eat anyway.

1  Thank Juanita K