“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Owens' Restaurant

Owens' Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 1946, four generations of locals and visitors have experienced the famous food and hospitality of the Owens and Shannon families.We are celebrating 69 years in business, in the same location, making us the oldest restaurant in the state of North Carolina! Owens Restaurant serves classic Southern coastal cuisine. We specialize in fresh and local seafood from North Carolina waters, exceptional Prime Western beef, and flavorful pastas. Our customers marvel at our collection of museum quality artifacts dedicated to the maritime history of the Outer Banks. Come see us for delicious food, exceptional service and warm Southern hospitality!
new york, ny
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

I was looking forward to this dinner as we went out to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary - The crabcakes were just ok, very salty and disappointing to me because I had been looking forward to them after seeing their ad and how the recipe has been in their family for over 30 years - Also, the fried calamari appetizer was just sad - I believe they used frozen calamari rings, not fresh fish at all, and no legs!

The best crabcakes we had during our stay, believe it or not, were at Coastal Provisions, a new casual eatery w/ a drive-thru connected to a gas station! The crabcake sandwich was awesome, as were the crabcake bites and lobster wrap sandwich - !!!

1 Thank puccapj

Durham, NC
“Pricey but excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

Service was quick, attentive, and friendly.

Food was excellent, probably the best meal I had on vacation.

It can be pretty pricey (my Filet Oscar was over $35) but it's well worth it for an exquisite night out.

The decor is a little dated but pleasant and the place wasn't overly loud.

I would definitely go back again!

1 Thank pjromano
Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant on the Outer Banks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

My husband and I travel to the Outer Banks at least once a year and we always make sure to reserve a couple nights to go out to Owens. They have a great staff and wonderful owners who make you feel like family. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is perfect.

New Jersey
“Wonderful Food, Wonderful Staff, Wonderful Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

My family and I went to this restaurant the night before last, and while it was quite expensive, the food was well worth it. Our server was friendly and amiable, the atmosphere was relaxing, comfortable, yet classy. I had a Maine lobster tail stuffed with shrimp, crab, scallops, etc., with smashed potatoes and a small salad on the side. It was absolutely delicious, best lobster I've had in a while. My family's meals were equally scrumptious. The hush puppies in the bread basket weren't bad, either! My only quibble was the price, which was more in the $20's and $30's (I'm not sure why people are saying it's around $15 on this site!) but if you're looking for very good food and a nice night out, I recommend Owen's.

2 Thank SparklesAndSunshine
Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love Owens Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

Our group of 8 decided to eat at Owens two times during our vacation. We don't usually do that - like to try new places - but Owens was so good, we could not resist. We had to wait a while in the bar - no problem, very pleasant - piano player was great. Spent time and money in the great gift shop - got Christmas ornaments that are very original and affordable. Wait staff are numerous, professional and friendly. Large Lazy Susan served our group of 8 well. Everyone loved their food. I had Paella with orzo (not rice) and it was delicious. Not able to eat any of the beautiful deserts. Would return without question.

1 Thank lavoiestamos