“great local restaurant for special occation”
Review of Owens' Restaurant

Owens' Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since 1946, four generations of locals and visitors have experienced the famous food and hospitality of the Owens and Shannon families.We are celebrating 69 years in business, in the same location, making us the oldest restaurant in the state of North Carolina! Owens Restaurant serves classic Southern coastal cuisine. We specialize in fresh and local seafood from North Carolina waters, exceptional Prime Western beef, and flavorful pastas. Our customers marvel at our collection of museum quality artifacts dedicated to the maritime history of the Outer Banks. Come see us for delicious food, exceptional service and warm Southern hospitality!
Reviewed August 21, 2014

my husband and I wanted a nice place for our anniversary. In a place by the sea it was not easy to find a place that had more than one or two entrees other than seafood. we tried Owens and were not disappointed. they at least warned you how they cooked their prime rib if > than med rare, a practice which we dislike - looks unappetizing and i think ruins the taste. so we ordered med rare and it was wonderful. the caesar salad was great with slivers of cheese on top, the room added to the atmosphere of a special place, the service was attentive, the desserts looked wonderful, but there was room for only one and the chocolate cake was very tasty. best meal of our vacation

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We ate here on our first night on the vacation. We were a party of 8 and without a reservation we were seated in less than 5 minutes. It is a very stuffy / old restaurant. The menu was nice but overpriced compared to the value. Service was good. Overall - this place was just blah. More than likely I will forget I ate here in a week or two.

1  Thank Scott A
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We went to Owens to eat. I had a sick headache before I got there. The waitress asked if I was alright and if she could get me anything. She brought me a glass of bitters and ginger ale at no charge. She just kept checking to make sure I was feeling better. By the time we got our food, I couldn't eat it, but the rest of the family were enjoying their food just fine. I had to take mine home in a take out box, but it was by far, the best food I had ever ate in my life. I can not wait til we go again. Hopefully I won't be sick this time. They were awesome.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is an historical restaurant in Nags Head! Owned by the same family since several years. The restaurant is classic, everything there remind you the sea and fishing. Quility of food is great, good variety of fish and some choices of meat. The way food is cooked is great, broiled or fried fish is amazingly tasty. Wine list is good. The price is higher compared to the other restaurants but also quality is higher. I defenetely reccomend it!

Reviewed August 16, 2014

For every family trip to the Outer Banks (about ten) we end our stay with a dinner at Owens.However this year was a disappointment. The food was only good, not outstanding, the service was only fair and the prices were much above average. I think next year we will look for a new last night dinner locale.

1  Thank Don R