“Excellant seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Owens' Restaurant

Owens' Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 1946, four generations of locals and visitors have experienced the famous food and hospitality of the Owens and Shannon families.We are celebrating 69 years in business, in the same location, making us the oldest restaurant in the state of North Carolina! Owens Restaurant serves classic Southern coastal cuisine. We specialize in fresh and local seafood from North Carolina waters, exceptional Prime Western beef, and flavorful pastas. Our customers marvel at our collection of museum quality artifacts dedicated to the maritime history of the Outer Banks. Come see us for delicious food, exceptional service and warm Southern hospitality!
Hernando, Florida
“Excellant seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had visited the OBX including the Wright Museum (additional review) and were really ready to head for our hotel. My husband had read the reviews and wanted to take me to a good seafood resturant, so we wasted another 1 1/2 hours until they opened. I must admit it was worth the wait. I had grilled flounder which was perfect---a whole fish perfectly prepared, way more than I could eat but really really enjoyed. The service was also very good even though the server had to deal with an extra large table including a screaming child. My only complaint---which in no way is the fault of the resturant. Why can't parents today control thier children? When we had small children they were always well behaved--taught early on that the prilvilidge of a dinner out was to behave. Anyway we enjoyed our meal and would certainly eat there again if in the area.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank BobandJoyce

Woodbridge, Virginia
“Below-average food and service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I had the mixed grill and both the steak and tuna were very over cooked. The rest of my plate; veggies, rice, and shrimp was fine but rather flavorless. My friend ordered a filet and the first one came out with a hair on it. They replaced it with a med-rare when she ordered med-well. Service was also problematic. They seated our party of 11 at two side-by-side tables but we had different waitresses and resultingly service of food and such was about 15 minutes apart. Prices were also very steep for the quality of the food. A normal entree is about $30-35+.

1 Thank Daniel F
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A reliable place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

The cheese and crackers are a great beginning. Their food is well-cooked, well-presented and always enjoyable. A bit pricey but we look forward to eating their every year.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Susan R
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Don't waste your "dinner" on this restaurant!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

My family and I enjoyed a wonderful trip to the Outer Banks in July 2014. After a long day of sight seeing, we decided to take the advice of many trip advisor reviewers and Fodor's (Fodor's Choice) to eat at Owen's Restaurant. We were a little skeptical when we saw the restaurant but decided to try it out anyway. The atmosphere wasn't very appealing and needed updating. Our server was extremely friendly and genuine, however, he did not know the menu and forgot to serve us bread and hushpuppies. We also had to ask several times for cocktail sauce. My family ordered the Hatteras Seafood Sampler, the Duck Entree Salad, and kid's chicken fingers. The Seafood Sampler was drenched in butter and you couldn't even taste the seafood. The duck was overcooked and the dressing tasted like it came out of a bottle. We were disappointed that our experience at Owen's was average and that we paid a premium. We do not recommend eating at this establishment.

1 Thank Wildcat_Reviews
Virginia
“Great server and fantastic seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had the best server, this place was really busy and she was happy and smiling and fast.
We had our wine in no time and then the food came out.
My Husband had a veal/crabmeat dish that was wonderful and I had the red snapper.

2 Thank Lollypop