“Awesome crab cakes dated decor”
Review of Owens' Restaurant

Owens' Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 83 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1946, four generations of locals and visitors have experienced the famous food and hospitality of the Owens and Shannon families.We are celebrating 69 years in business, in the same location, making us the oldest restaurant in the state of North Carolina! Owens Restaurant serves classic Southern coastal cuisine. We specialize in fresh and local seafood from North Carolina waters, exceptional Prime Western beef, and flavorful pastas. Our customers marvel at our collection of museum quality artifacts dedicated to the maritime history of the Outer Banks. Come see us for delicious food, exceptional service and warm Southern hospitality!
“Awesome crab cakes dated decor”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner as a family of 5 last night. The staff was very friendly and accommodating (we have 3 kids 6 thru 11 months). The place was very clean. My husband had the crab cakes and he couldn't say enough good things about it. Made with mostly huge lumps of crab and barely anything else. Outrageous was what he used to describe them. I had the filet oscar. It was also outstanding and a ton of food! The only con I had was the decor. It was definitely dated and needs sprucing. Would def return!

1 Thank Jinello123

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible Meal!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This is our first trip to OBX, so we went to Owen's Restaurant our first night in town on the recommendation of friends. What a surprise! Our server was very friendly & knowledgeable. Atmosphere was pleasant, albeit a bit noisy due to a large party that had stayed (and over indulged) a bit too long.... (Our server even apologized for their loud, raucous behavior!) The food was spectacular!

My husband & I split a house salad -- delish! We also had a delectable appetizer -- Flatbread Chicken - yummy every bite. Only downer was, It did take more time (about 10-15min after the app), than I expected for our dinner meal to arrive -- a bit too long and they weren't over crowded. Hmmm... Hubby ordered one of the Coastal Favorites platters (fried seafood), and I had the Fried Flounder & Coconut Shrimp dinner. Suffice it to say, we had a WHOLE lot of food left over to bring back to our hotel fridge.

I highly recommend Owen's Restaurant if you want a great, upscale dinner. Not for the faint of heart on the wallet, but oh so worth it!

1 Thank caryn b
Cameron, North Carolina
“Awesome place.”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Excellent menu, hospitality, and atmosphere. The staff are obviously interviewed and selected. Had the Lobster bisque and main lobster. Best I've ever had.

Woodbridge, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Owens' Restaurant our family favorite...best hushpuppies and seafood!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Brought the great grandparents, grandparents, parents and grandchild...great food for everyone! Crab Remick, Crabcakes, Lobster Bisque, Tuna Steak, Broiled seafood platter and even Chicken and pasta for non seafood eaters. I was given the famous hushpuppy recipe years ago and our family loves them! And after eating crocks of cheese and crackers, dinner and hushpuppies we still ordered the delicious layered chocolate cake and a bread pudding. We had to take some food home because the portions are large...we try to go every year we are on the Outer Banks!

• Visited June 2014
“Consistently a favorite for more than 20 years.”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We've dined here at least once a year since 1993. It is a family-owned business. The nautical decor is eclectic and charming, the servers are efficient, pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu. This visit was exactly what we have come to expect. In the past several years, they've added some dishes that would not be considered traditional seafood and steak fare. The salad course offers several excellent options, and the housemade dressings are fantastic. Tonight, the softshell crabs were on special. This is one of my husband's favorite dishes, and Owens' fried preparation was wonderful. My daughter and I shared a broiled seafood platter, which included shrimp, flounder, scallops, and one of the signature dishes: lump crabmeat Remick. They have a lovely dessert selection, but our favorite remains the Godiva chocolate mousse. No room after all of the seafood, but they are happy to package it to go. I've read some reviews complaining about the price. Owens is a fine-dining restaurant. Its prices are in line with what you would expect for fine dining in a vacation spot. There are plenty of less expensive options nearby, but Owens is a mainstay for our family.

Visited June 2014