“Wonderful Evening”
Review of Owens' Restaurant

Owens' Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since 1946, four generations of locals and visitors have experienced the famous food and hospitality of the Owens and Shannon families.We are celebrating 69 years in business, in the same location, making us the oldest restaurant in the state of North Carolina! Owens Restaurant serves classic Southern coastal cuisine. We specialize in fresh and local seafood from North Carolina waters, exceptional Prime Western beef, and flavorful pastas. Our customers marvel at our collection of museum quality artifacts dedicated to the maritime history of the Outer Banks. Come see us for delicious food, exceptional service and warm Southern hospitality!
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My wife and spent a couple days in the Outer Banks for our anniversary and found Owens for our anniversary dinner the evening of 24 March. It was off season so we were able to walk in without a reservation and it was not crowded at all. No wait. I am a bit old fashioned, so the rooms and the layout were perfect for me. The lighting was just right and it was peaceful and quiet inside. Not loud at all. There is also a variety of articles from Outer Banks history including uniforms from the USCG. A big plus for me being a history buff and for my wife since we are both Active Duty military. If you are looking for something more contemporary, this is not it. This restaurant goes back to an older and in all likelihood, a better time.
They had a large wine selection that my wife chose from. She chose the Dynamite Merlot. For dinner, she had the Filet Mignon and I had the Mixed Grill with a Filet Mignon, tuna flank and shrimp. We also enjoyed the chicken fontina flatbread for an appetizer and the Ghiradelli chocolate mousse for dessert. The food came out quickly and the way we had ordered. We only spent about an hour and a half there from the time we walked in to the time we left.
Our server, Paul, was outstanding. Excellent customer service. He had everything to us right away, very friendly and not over bearing at all. A hovering server can ruin it for me sometimes even though I know they are staying on top of things. Paul was excellent.
We enjoyed ourselves. We had some good food, quiet conversation without being drowned out or overheard, and excellent customer service. I would definitely visit again.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The decor strikes you as soon as you step through the door. Dark wood panelling and lots of nautical themed nick knacks all around.

The service was first rate and the food was very good. I had a great chowder and a crab, shrimp, scallop combination plate which was served with fresh vegetables and a mound of mashed potatoes--simple solid cuisine. The cheese and crackers and the hush puppies are nice additions to the meal. No room for dessert but they all looked wonderful on the tray.

This restaurant is justifiably proud of its long tradition of good food and service for both locals and tourists on the Outer Banks.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Owen's is my favorite restaurant!! It is the one place I make sure to visit each year for my birthday. I love the ambiance of the restaurant. It's cozy and the staff is attentive and friendly. I love the crock of cheese and bread sticks. My favorite meal, although they are all delicious, is the stuffed lobster. It is magnificent! I can't wait to go back again!

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Our family has been visiting OBX for 15 + years and Owens still remains our favorite restaurant. Walking through the doors feels like coming home. The atmosphere is warm and inviting with historical artifacts throughout. Complimentary crock of cheddar and crackers is fantastic! All the food is excellent! I have never had a bad meal at Owens. A very nice piano Lounge upstairs is a perfect spot to enjoy after dinner glass of wine, coffee etc. The front of the restaurant has a little gift shop with unique coastal treasures. Can't wait til out next visit!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Had a wonderful New Years Eve dinner at Owens, even though the restaurant was packed we were seated right away. The restaurant was decorated beuatiful and it has a wonderful charming atmosphere. The service is very good and the food is excellent! This restaurant is a little more upscale than many of the other restaurants in the area but is well worth the visit.