“Pretty good Breakfast”

Sam & Omie's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 81 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marathon Shores, Florida
“Pretty good Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Had Breakfast there prices are reasonable waitress was fantastic. Had to wait 15 minutes for a table for 6 and it was worth it Yeah if Im ever up this way again I'd definitely return.

1 Thank sa_sutton

Dallas, TX
“Casual, Friendly and Local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Be comfortable and enjoy your meal, that's what the focus is at Sam & Omie's, the food. Really good fare, nice and friendly service, it's worth waiting the 15-20 minutes or longer.

State College, Pennsylvania
“Loud Classic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Classic Old Nags Head type place right across from Jennette's Pier. Food is good but average. Not much seating, waits likely. Worth a stop if in the neighborhood.

Visited July 2014
Cleveland. OH
“It is what it is.... and what it is, is mighty good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Let's get the important stuff out of the way first. My wife and I have been coming down to the Outer Banks since before a really smart guy invented the acronym "OBX". This is the first time we've gone to Sam & Omie's. We had dinner. It was great. Our server was great. The price was a bit more than I would have guessed, but really not overpriced for the quality and quantity we got. We will absolutely go back every time we're here from now on.

Now I need to vent a little bit. Reading some of the negative reviews on this site left me shaking my head in bewilderment. When I walk into a place within 50 yards of an ocean, that's been in business since before my grandparents were born and where the screen door slams behind me, I know my best bet is going to be something fried. When the server tells me that the soup is made in the kitchen from scratch, chances are I'm gonna try it. And when I know that the fish was caught within a mile or two from where it's being served, I'm going to expect a few bones. If there are crepes or sushi on the menu, I'm gonna pass. If there's a wine list, I'm going for the sweet tea.

Sam & Omie's is not a Red Lobster or a Bob Evans. Neither does it have any Michelin stars and probably no classically trained chefs. It's a dive, and that's a wonderful thing. It's clean, friendly and efficient and my guess is that the folks who prepared my dinner did it the way they saw their mama's and grandma's do it. Part of the reason it was so great is because it was so simple.

Fried Flounder, perfectly wonderful collard greens and the best cornbread I can remember having. A virtually perfect meal, in large part because this is what they've been doing for decades. Simple, but not easy.

When I go to a steakhouse, I don't look for pasta, When I go to a Thai place, I'm skipping the burger that may be on the menu. Sam & Omie's is what it is - and it's the best at what it is that I've found on the OBX.

3 Thank gpopo1
Easton, Pennsylvania
“I love Sam and Omie's!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

This restaurant is nothing fancy but if you want good food don't forget to dine here! I enjoyed a seafood dinner that included two entrée choices. I had the broiled scallops ( so good! ) and the fish of the day ( flounder ). Everything is so fresh and the portions are quite large. I enjoyed the collards and the rice and beans. Everyone at the table was very pleased with their dinners. I will definitely be back next time I am at the Outer Banks.

1 Thank Jules52563