“OBX Trip”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Chandler
“OBX Trip”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Had breakfast here one morning. They served enough food to last until dinner! Wasn't fond of the country ham I had, but the pancakes were great. Service was excellent and very "homey". Would definitely return.

Visited June 2014

Durham, North Carolina
“Great for breakfast!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We ate breakfast here on our way out of town and were saddened we hadn't tried it sooner.

We both got big breakfasts of eggs, grits, "hash browns" (more like home fries as I know them), toast, bacon, etc. The prices are a steal, especially the "Trixie's Picks" which is like $6 including coffee, which was also pretty good for a restaurant. Wait staff are friendly and attentive. We will be returning.

• Visited June 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“AWESOME breakfast!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Before my husband and I got down to Nags Head, we asked for restaurant recommendations and I was told Sam & Omie's for breakfast, lunch and dinner from multiple people. Funny thing is, my mom and dad honeymooned on the Outer Banks 45 years ago and they enjoyed Sam & Omie's then. We've been back over the years, but the last time we tried, it was more of a biker bar for dinner and we left. I was pleasantly surprised this time! The breakfast was AWESOME! It was very reasonably priced and filled me up completely! You could tell there was a nice mix of "regulars" and visitors. Eat here! You will not be disappointed!

• Visited June 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Yum, yum and yum!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

IF YOU CAN ONLY EAT OUT ONCE IN THE AREA, DON'T MISS THIS PLACE!! Friends recommended we meet there, but they were only going by what others had told them, as they had never been there since living in the area. We did have a wait, but that was okay as they have a "Late bird special" that takes 15% off your bill after 8:30. I had the shrimp platter, that was very good. Shrimp cooked perfectly, not in a heavy batter. My husband had Fisherman's Platter, which flounder, shrimp, fried oysters and scallops (OH MY!). Came with cole slaw, corn bread and veggies. He couldn't eat it all! He gave me one of the scallops to try (huge monsters!)...and made me wish I'd ordered just those. MELTED IN YOUR MOUTH. I shared one with the other two in our group. Ate the other two myself, even though I was stuffed! If you like scallops, go to this place!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank JohnandJana
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Old favorite”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We have been going to Sam and Omies for years and make a point of visiting very time we come to the outer banks. Food is always fresh and delicious. Highly recommend their steamed shrimp.
What really makes this place great are the waitresses. All are super sweet and efficient. They always take time to get to know you a bit.