“Splendid Breakfast Every Time”

Sam & Omie's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed September 8, 2013

There's a reason this place is jammed no matter waht time of day. Plain and simple the food is terrific.! This year was mostly about breakfast, but we have enjoyed lunch and dinner here in years past. Service is quick, efficient and accurate. All comes out piping hot and definitely flavorful. Highly, highly recommended restauant that retains the origional family pride of ownership. Waitstaff familiar year after year . You will be 'hooked' after the first visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

999 - 1,003 of 1,387 reviews

Reviewed September 5, 2013

YUMMY! Completely fresh, not too heavy, justtttt right! I'm talking about the Whale Platter! You get a smorgasbord of yummy seafood at a GREAT price! I normally don't get friend seafood, but their fry batter is light and not greasy whatsoever. You get two sides with it and my boyfriend and I split an added house salad which is more than adequate for 2 as an app. It also comes with cornbread! Huge portions, and a great value. My boyfriend and I got out of there with 2 Beers, that entire platter, with the side salad for a little over $50 with tip included...no complaints - that is amazing at the beach for seafood! When I went back with my family/boyfriend, the tab was only around $80 for all 4 of us (without tip factored in), including alcohol. Crazy!

My family and I used to make a trip out just to go to this place...all the way from Duck years ago! I hadn't been in a while, and now living here I have been twice since. Both times I had the platter. Both times the service was good and the server Stephanie was great! The atmosphere and history of the place is so cool. The ONLY suggestion I have is to put some type of stopper on the screen door entrance. It slams and is so loud for the people sitting and waiting on the porch.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family has been going to the Outer Banks since 1973 - having only missed 3 years! And most of the time we go to the Whalebone, get fresh fish and fix it at the cottage. BUT ... every year we go to Sam and Omie's on our first night at the beach. And we ALWAYS get the She Crab Soup, and swoon and sigh our way through a huge bowl. It is the best ever. I have to fight myself to not lick the bowl. Often we will stop by for a pint to take back to the cottage. Every once in awhile we go for breakfast on our last morning, and we love it too. Beach living doesn't get any better than this -- make me want to be a beach bum year round!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm one of those crazy people that goes to places like the Outer Banks and I'm not a fan of seafood! Well, Sam & Omie's has it all! There were three people in our party, we ordered their BBQ, their seafood, and some of their other food and all of it was delicious! Reasonable prices too. We didn't have to wait, but we were there around 1:30, so after the main lunch rush. However, it will be tough to find a place in the Outer Banks that doesn't have some type of wait. We had good service. The waitress was attentive and our food came out quickly. I'd recommend heading here when you're in the Outer Banks!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were in the Nags Head area for a beach wedding and saw this neat looking restaurant. Down to earth type. Had to wait for about 30 minutes, but it was worth the wait. This is one busy place and after eating it's food, I can understand why..
We had lunch, but ate from the dinner menu due to the late afternoon time. After eating what we had, we skipped dinner. We ordered oysters, shrimp, and clamps. Three different meals. All I can say is SUPER. The breading was light, the sizes were large. The service was tops. We had no issues. Will be returning on the next trip.
Thanks guys for a super meal.