“A Nice Change of Pace”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We are new to the Outer Banks, and this was the first place we ate since it was recommended at our hotel. We had to wait a short time outside, but it was fun talking to the others who were also waiting. Our dinners were good, and the service was fine; only complaint would be a fellow who constantly came to the tables near us, and ours, to ask if he could take away any plates. He tried to get ours before we were finished. The atmosphere is casual and loud. The wait staff sang Happy Birthday to someone, and a group of 20ish friends were gathered at the bar enjoying several toasts with their shots. We were there at about 6:00, and some people had young children with them. So really it seems like anything goes here at any time! Overall, we enjoyed Sam and Omie's :) It was a nice way to begin our vacation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We get to Sam and Omies every year for the She Crab soup. The best! Our waitress gave us corn bread and it was delicious.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have lived on the Outer Banks for 20 years and have been to Sam & Omie's many times. Each time is about the same so I can definitely count of what I get concerning service, food and cleanliness.

Food is fabulous!!! However, the restaurant is dirty (splatters and food specks on pics on wall, food and dirt on floors and baseboards that have not been cleaned in years) and the service is less than desirable. Though wait staff is always friendly, they are definitely slow and not very attentive.

When visiting the area, this is a must visit iconic dining establishment, but expect slow service and less than sparkling clean environment. You WILL enjoy the food!!!!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at a B&B up the road from here. We came here twice during our stay to get dinner. We just grabbed seats at the bar and ordered food and drinks. I really loved this place. The food was good - I had salad, fries, burger, and BLT (over two trips). The drinks are good and the atmosphere is nice. Please note that this is like a bar/restaurant kind of place. Don't expect the Ritz.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had been here once before for breakfast, but my husband had never been there. So we tried lunch for the first time. We got there at 1:30 on a Thursday and still had a wait but it was only a 15 minute wait. Our waitress Jess, was the best, very friendly and efficient. I tried the homemade pimento cheese with fries and my husband had the duck bites with fries. Both good. Place was busy but food was delivered fast. We will try it again.