“worst hot dog ever”
Review of King Tut's Weiner Hut - CLOSED

King Tut's Weiner Hut
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Open every day for lunch and dinner. Check our Facebook page for detailed hours and specials.
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
“worst hot dog ever”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Just all around bad. Service, food, cleanliness. Will never go back. My kids were the first to complain.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jonathan B
174phillipm, Owner at King Tut's Weiner Hut, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
While I appreciate your review, it is totally out of character with ALL of our other reviews and customer comments. I have asked you for details via email or encourage you to stop by and discuss it with me (the owner) in person. We have just recently opened for the season, and while service could be an issue, the entire restaurant was remodeled, painted and cleaned top to bottom in the off season. There should be no "cleanliness" issues. As for the food, all of our hot dogs are made locally at the Weeping Radish or are Nathans or Hebrew National brand. While what you had may not have been to your liking, there is no question that we sell only top quality products. Again, I encourage you to give me more details about your visit so that we can address your concerns.

Brooksville, Kentucky
“Cool place”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our 2 year old loves hot dogs so this was a perfect fit for an evening after the beach. Great service, quick and easy place to eat for families with little ones!

Visited July 2013
Nags Head, North Carolina
“Fun and Food”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

King Tut's Weiner Hut has something for everyone! Free ping pong, pool, air hockey, Wii, fooseball etc...food and drinks. The prices are a bit high, but their specials are fantastic. They sell beer and malt beverages as well as sodas. A place where families can have fun and enjoy a delicious meal at the same time!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank wyttigr
Gaston, NC
“Wow, what a funky place!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I read the reviews beforehand so I kinda knew what to expect. We got there in between lunch and dinner so the place was empty, good for us. Took us a few minutes to decide, there were so many choices. We ended up with a footlong deep fried dog with chili, cheese and onions, with fries and a drink. Holy cow! It was delicious and extremely filling. There were lots of fun games for kids of all ages, and cute tee shirts and can cozies for sale. Their prices were a little high, but you get what you pay for..a great meal!

Visited October 2013
Mebane, North Carolina
“An Accidental, but Delicious Find....”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We would not have even seen this place if we had not pulled into the shopping center to stop at a souveneir shop, but having seen it, we decided to go in because hotdogs are one didh the whole family likes. There's a small bar in the back beside the grill, withthe front set aside for pool, ping-pong, air hockey and other table games. It wasn't very crowded, and the owners were friendly and made us feel right at home, even though we were from way out of town.

I ordered two Andouille Sausage dogs, ignoring the cooks warning that they were "pretty big". Um, he was right. I had to save one for later. Spicy Cajun style sausage with grilled onions and peppers. My wife and daughter had plain ol' dogs which were large and well cooked. I also had the Hummus and chips which would have made a meal in itself just by itself.

I counted about 29 varieties of dogs and sausages, plus BBQ, Chicken sandwiches, and burgers. If we had been staying a few days I'd have tried all of them, the ones we did try were just that good. If it's still there when we go back, we'll visit again.

• Visited September 2013