“No Frills, Great Seafood.”
Review of Armstrongs Seafood

Armstrongs Seafood
Ranked #34 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I tried Armstrong's after reading about it in a local web post. So glad I did. This is a very small, family run restaurant and fresh seafood counter.

Only a few seats and everything is prepared to order. Its nothing fancy as far as decor, but the food is awesome. Limited, affordable menu. Mostly local seafood. They even have a BBQ sandwich just in case everyone in your group doesn't want oysters, fish or shrimp. If you aren't in a hurry, you'll love this place.

There are newer reviews for Armstrongs Seafood

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We discovered this place last week and we're glad we did. The seafood was all fresh and cooked to order. My fried oysters were delicious and my husband had great sauteed soft shell crabs. The sides of french fries and cole slaw were also very good. The service is pleasant and friendly. The cook came out twice to see how we were enjoying our meal. It's not fancy and has limited tables but it was a great discovery. The key lime pie made me think I was back in Key West.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We found this small place by chance and we are so glad we did! The food and service was nothing short of Outstanding! You must ask for a sample of the crab, shrimp and corn chowder! Words cannot describe it!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We spent some vacation time in Nags Head. We were told this place would sell fresh seafood but when we got home the supposedly local-caught tuna smelled like it had been in that counter for days! When I asked the lady, she told me it was fresh but she plainly lied to us. Never again will we buy fish from that seafood place.

1  Thank LolaB850
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Armstrong's sells fresh seafood, but also has a nice little restaurant. I ordered tuna bites and they were cooked to perfection. I ordered fried oysters (they were great) and my husband got a shrimp sandwich, which he says was very good. I also got a seafood chowder and it was quite tasty. Not a fancy restaurant, but really good food, served at a reasonable price. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.