“Don't waste your money!”

Dirty Dick's Crab House
Ranked #29 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Dirty Dick's Crab House is all about the FUN...in fact, the only thing we are serious about is our seafood - fresh seafood served daily!
sparta, t
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was very disappointed in our meal here. Way over priced, the waitress was not helpful, and food was mediocre. T- shirts were $35! Just not a good experience, maybe another one in another city might be better, but I probably will not try one.

• Visited September 2013

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“outstanding happy hour at the bar!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

HUGEST wings I've ever had, local fresh (cheap) shrimp steamed with pickling spice and herbs, not your regular old shrimp. Awesome bartender. Great bloody marys. My only complaint is that they aren't year round.

• Visited September 2013
“All fried. Not worth it.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We assumed this place would be a simar chain to a crab shack. Our server was really nice and attentive but the food was not to our taste. They stopped serving all u can eat crab at 8 which was an initial disappointment. We ended up ordering a fish sandwhich, BBQ chicken plate, one of the seafood platters and soup in a bread bowl. Most of what we ordered came out deep fried. They even fried the corn on the cob. If that's what u like you might enjoy it here. We however were really disappointed with the food. It didn't seem fresh and it certainly wasn't a culinary masterpiece. Unless you like deep fried everything, go somewhere else.

Iselin, New Jersey
“Wait way too long”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went there for lunch today, with 7 adults and 7 children. Waited over an hour and 10 minutes for 2 dozen crabs and 2 meals. Even kids waited over an hour for their meal. Food was good but not sure if it was worth the wait.

Chesapeake, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Short and sweet: 50 min, no waiter, no drinks, no food, one appetizer w/ no plates”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

For starters, it doesn't look as if anyone from the place in Nags Head even looks at this page so I seriously doubt anything will be done. Nevertheless I feel obligated to share my FIRST and LAST experience there. Short and sweet: 50 min inside the establishment with no waiter, no drinks, no plates, no silverware, one appetizer with no napkins. And it was Lunchtime at the end of August, not really busy and obviously no managers on deck. Now for the whole story. We were seated in the very back room to the left when we arrived for lunch today as part of celebration for my son's 17th birthday. We selected this place because they are one of the few that serve crab legs during lunch this time of year and that was what my son wanted. Our party of 10 had the very last table in the back. The room had an odd smell to it upon entering, almost a faint urine smell to it. When we sat down however there were plug in air fresheners behind both of our tables so it dissipated. We started looking at the menus and deciding what we wanted. After 15 min of not getting someone to wait on our table and seeing 2 other tables seated, I went up to the hostess at the front that had seated us and told her we had not even had our drink orders taken. She was polite at first and said she would take care of it. Another 5 min went by and a waiter from the other end of the room came over and asked had anyone helped us. When I told him no, he said he would take our drink orders but that he would not be our server. He took the orders for drinks, an appetizer and entrees because we had looked at the menus for so long. Twenty more minutes went by while we saw the two tables seated after us not only receive drinks but begin to receive their food as well. I went back to the hostess to complain again. She again said she would speak to someone in the back and proceeded to go through the motions of walking through the door to the left of the bar to speak to 'someone'. When I returned to the table our appetizer had been brought out by another individual with no napkins or plates. We waited an additional 10 min and as I continued to see an additional table set, orders taken and food received there, we decided to leave at that point. As I walked past the same red-headed female hostess that told me two other times she would find out what was going on, I tapped on the desk to get her attention and told her we were leaving. She barely glanced up at me and kept doing what she was doing. I told her it was definitely the worst customer service experience I had ever had in my life. that did not seem to bother her either. As we were walking out, a large group came through the door to be seated and a gentleman asked me what had happened. I told him I honestly didn't know but he should not let her seat them at the table we were at in the very back because no one will come to take care of you. Upon hearing me say that, the hostess sarcastically said 'thank you so much and have a wonderful day.' Having dealt primarily with supply and customer service throughout my 20 year tenure in the military, it was glaringly obvious that there is lack of several things here, one most important being a mature manager with experience out on the floor canvassing customers and making sure they are being taken care of. That huge omission cost them a pretty big order from our lunch party. The lack of professionalism by the host staff, except for the one waiter that noticed us but was too busy himself to do anything about it, will definitely spur me to tell anyone that I can not to patronize this establishment at all. Dirty Richards at Nags Head needs a makeover from top to bottom.

1 Thank psalm15man