“Whoa!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sugar Shack Seafood Market

Sugar Shack Seafood Market
Ranked #36 of 80 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Not the same thing as Sugar Creek Restaurant!
South Mills, North Carolina
“Whoa!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Best value for fresh seafood. no frills just excellent food. Oh and FANTASTIC music playing.... thanks to the mix cd put together by one of the fellas. Love it.

Visited August 2013

Sterling, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sugar Shack Restaurant is terrific!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

There were 10 of us. Great service. Wonderful food.
If you are on the Outer Banks, be sure you go here.

• Visited July 2013
“To die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I'm a local and I tend to eat here at least once a week...There are so many options to choose from when we have family in town we almost always get the bearin sea steamer bucket or we order a bussel of the number 1 jimmys you can't beat it I've called all the seafood markets and they have the best prices on seafood everytime I visit they always have something being delivered fresh out the water. If I don't have family in town my old lady and my tend to get the fryer combo of clam strips and shrimp or the grill combo with mahi mahi n scallop skwerers or the famous shack attack sandwich...everything is so delicious its hard to choose at times I love the atmosphere and the friendly employees I recommend this seafood market/ resturant to any curious seafood lovers

• Visited July 2013
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“Disappointed :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We arrived to the OBX at around 7:30 on a Thursday night. After we checked into our motel we decided to grab a bite to eat. It was a pretty stormy night and being new to the area we came upon the Sugar Shack Seafood Market. I googled it and checked out the reviews which were very good so we decided to eat here since it was pretty casual. When we walked in, it was apparent they were closing up. The one waitress there was stacking the chairs on the tables. When she saw us walk in she frowned. I asked if they were closed and she checked with the owner/manager and he said no they weren't closed yet since it wasn't yet 9 p.m. (it was 8:45 p.m.). We sat down and felt very uncomfortable. The waitress told us to come to the counter to look over the menu. I told my husband we needed to order something to go since it was obvious we weren't really welcome there. Our food took about 10-15 min to prepare (it seemed like an hour). Once we got to the car I decided to check it all out before we left and part of our order was missing. My husband ran back in and they prepared the missing order and apologized. When we got back to our room I discovered they didn't enclosed any plastic utensils but thankfully I had packed some. We both had the crabcake sandwiches which came with a really delicious and different white cole slaw, home made potato chips and they provided 3 different cups of toppings for the crabcakes. My husband had the mahi mahi sandwich also (he was hungry) and it came with the slaw and chips also. Our buns were a bit burnt but the food was decent and we were starving. The hushpuppies were your typical hushpuppies, nothing fancy or different about them.

We may try this place again when we go to the OBX. Perhaps because they were closing things weren't as great as they normally would have been. Although, the waitresses attitude really turned me off the minute we walked in and I'm really sorry we even stayed and ordered anything.

Visited June 2013
Wheeling, WV
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have gotten steamer buckets from Sugar Shack Seafood Market twice before, but this time we were disappointed. We chose the bucket that has 1/2 lb. King Crab legs & 1/2 lb. Snow Crab legs, which is $39.99 per person. With it you get corn on the cob, red potatoes & onions. We've learned to melt our own butter as the stuff they send is gelatinous and not very tasty. We purchased a pound of shrimp to add to the steamer bucket for $9.99. Too bad we'd lost the coupon that would have made that shrimp free. What we had was delicious, but didn't seem like we got much food for that much money. Our son and daughter-in-law went to Captain George's Buffet, and for $30.00 each got as many crab legs as they wanted, and from what they said, they had lots of them, plus the other buffet offerings. This will be the last year we get this steamer bucket as there are much better values out there, in our opinion.

• Visited June 2013