“Disappointed in the "snack chips" it was most of the meal.”

Sugar Shack Seafood Market
Ranked #38 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Not the same thing as Sugar Creek Restaurant!
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We ordered the fish of the day. When the order arrived half the plate was covered in what is called "shack chips." They were not close to being french fries or potato chips. They were chips of some kind with no taste - they took up a lot of space on the plate and probably did not cost much to buy or make. The fish was satisfactory as were the accompanying sauces. After we left the restaurant we felt as though we certainly did not get our monies worth in the restaurant. We will continue our quest to find a restaurant at the Outer Banks that can serve some hot fish and chips.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This place is on the causeway to Manteo and is a great place to stop for steamed crabs to take home. We got 1.5 dozen and they were good and decent size. Also have a good variety of fried seafood. Had a crab cake sandwich to go. Pleasantly suprised that tartar, cocktail and coleslaw were in the box along with awesome homemade potato chips.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Although they are side by side, and this little place is mainly a fish house, they serve lunch and dinner that is GREAT. It's no frills, but the tuna bites are incredible. They also offer seafood pizzas and steamer buckets to go. Wonderful, friendly staff. Sit back, have a beer, and relax. Great views! Support local NC Seafood, the Sugar Shack does! They'll deliver the steamer pots to your rental or home!

I've been here probably 20+ times. Will alwways be back!

Reviewed June 20, 2010

I have been traveling to the Outer Banks 3-4 times per year for over 40 years. We started going to this place when it was named RV's. Back then there was value in your meal. My last time at this place (now named the Sugar Shack) and I do mean it will be my last time, was June 4, 2010. It was just a buddy and myself so we sat at the bar. The barmaid got us drinks and took our order for an appetizer and entree. We were off to a good start (so we thought). Our steamed shrimp appetizer came within 10 minutes. The shrimp were a little small, the taste was well steamed shrimp. Then we waited for our entree, after about 45 minutes we asked the barmaid where our dinner was? She insisted the we did not order dinner and no order had been placed. So we reminded her that she took the order with our appetizer order, she seemed to remember but would not admit the error. My buddy reordered fried oysters, I reordered crab cakes. After about 3 minutes our order appeared. I think our order was sitting on the shelf in the back. The oysters were unedible, very greasy on the outside, cold on the inside. The crab cakes were awful, they should have renamed them Bread Cakes. Mrs Paul's frozen crab cakes have more crab meat. I ate two bites. When we signailed we were through the barmaid picked up out full plates and wisked them away, never asking us if the food was ok. Then she brought us the check which was over $100. We paid, tipped accordingly and left, never to return again.

2  Thank billwitt3