All reviews courtyard style within walking distance jeannette's pier other guests mom pop anniversary weekend the outer banks the sliding glass door small refrigerator fantastic location place to stay bodie island lighthouse nice stay easy access definitely stay here again pets beach
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

We loved that it was on the beach & we could walk out of the sliding glass door & be there! Not to mention, it's right by Jeannette's pier AND dog friendly! It's older & it certainly looks it BUT our family loved it & would certainly go back if we had a few days.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Shannon I
edward22, Owner at Dolphin Oceanfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2019

Look forward to having you back again soon! We have more offseason upgrades in progress, including new bedding & mattresses and newly added chaises for our oceanfront rooms!

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Rented an Ocean front room. The view was good. Great location in Nags Head close to Manteo too. Pet friendly for a fee

After Checking in discovered there were no towels . No problem Went to the office gladly gave me some and apologized for the mistake. Later I went to shower and discovered there was no Shower curtain . To late to get one so the bath room got a little wet. No exhaust fan in the Bath room just a window It was hot outside So I didn't want to open it .

The AC worked to best of it's ability . But the room never did get as cool as I like it. Looked to me it was not big enough for the room Beds were clean But that is where it ended . Floors needed to be mopped .There were swept but still a lot of dirt on the floor Wife's socks turned from white to black on the bottoms in a short time The room needed dusting too. Area above the tub wall hadn't been wiped down for A long Time In general the room needed a good cleaning Wife had to clean the Ocean front sliding door so we could enjoy the room view.

I'm not a picky person usually but this place just turned me off. You would think they might take special attention to these Ocean front room as they were a lot more then a regular room. I only saw one house keeper working So I am sure he had plenty to do to try to keep up . We were here in the beginning of fall so maybe they have more help in the summer months .
Not for me

Room tip: Dog Friendly as there are plenty of them
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank fish_oinc
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We stayed here for our anniversary weekend, it is right on the beach and within walking distance to the amazing Jeannette's Pier. The rooms were comfortable, a bit dated but I would stay here every time for all of the other charm it offers. The staff goes above and beyond.

Room tip: Request Ocean Front Rooms
Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank smsramsey
edward22, Owner at Dolphin Oceanfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Thanks! We are continuing to update our rooms every year. All rooms will have new mattresses & bedding for 2019, plus all with new tile flooring. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

A last-minute trip to the Outer Banks in late August had me frantically searching for places to stay and I'm SO glad I found the Dolphin Oceanfront Motel had a few vacancies. The location right on the beach is fantastic, and it was the best location for us since we like to drive south to the beaches of Pea Island for some privacy and relaxation. It's within walking distance to a 7-11 and another small beach-convenience-grocery-sandwich shop. The Dolphin Oceanfront Motel appears to attract to a wide variety of customers, but my husband and I could not have been more comfortable. We met some great couples and had a much better time than in the past when we paid 4 times as much at a fancy hotel. We'll definitely be back - and we'll bring our Golden Retriever next time since they are pet-friendly!

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Baygirl23
Reviewed September 2, 2018

Great location right on the beach, property is very well kept, and the staff is very attentive. Within walking distance to a few eatery’s and a small convenience store. Our only issue was when it rained puddles formed in front of our room and as others visitors drove in the lot, there was no courtesy and they splashed us when we sat outside our room. Otherwise, nice stay and would stay again.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank MadTekNJ
edward22, Owner at Dolphin Oceanfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Thanks, glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back again and see us!