“Having choices is delightful!”
Review of Cafe Lachine

Cafe Lachine
Ranked #15 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My family needs choices when we go to a restaurant. We have diet restrictions, picky eaters, you name it! The menu is perfect for us because each of us can have a delicious sandwich with a choice of bread from a wide selection and excellent additions for a fair price. Their breads are made in-store with unbleached flours including a gluten-free rice flour bread which is to die for. I had that as part of my aioli wasabi tuna sandwich which was superb.
My most picky eater exclaimed after his lunch "we have to come back here! This sandwich is GOOOD!". That's difficult to get from him
My husband had a southwestern salad which was both tasty and filling. The size was perfect. He really enjoyed it.
We are not dessert eaters but we had been told their desserts were amazing. I tried the Key Lime tart and LOVED it! Good key lime is hard to find. This one was very good. I took home their gluten free specialty which was fabulous because it wasn't too sweet and the chocolate wasn't overwhelming.
We've gone back three times since we came to the area to have breakfast ( must have their French toast or their vegan muffin, and the kids are hooked on their cinnamon rolls) and will go back again to enjoy the fresh cooking, delicate flavors, tasty food, which on top of everything keeps health in mind. I wish we had a restaurant like this where we live

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We have had numerous visits to Lachine since they opened--all have been excellent. Their dinner is the best kept secret in OBX! Service is always good from personable, attentive and nice staff.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were looking for a Vegetarian Friendly place to eat, and Cafe LaChine was recommended. We had lunch there and it was fabulous. We were seated quickly and the waiter was fast and courteous. My wife and I had the Cuban Press with a side of Tabouleh and a side of Sweet Potato fries. My friends had the Turkey Brie sandwich (special) and a Southwest salad with no chicken. my daughter had the grilled Portobella sandwich and my granddaughter had chicken fingers. The food came out in a reasonable amount of time and was served hot. The Cuban Press was excellent, Best Cuban sandwich i've had. My daughter claimed the same for the Grilled portobella. The other standout was the Soutwest salad without chicken (normally served with spiced chicken). Not only was it very tasty, but they knocked $2 off the price for not having the chicken on it. Didn't have to do that, but they did, and we appreciate it. The sides were larger than I expected and also very good. We took two pieces of the Tiramisu cake home with us because the cake looked awesome, but we were full. Haven't tried it yet but again it looks really good. Overall it was an excellent meal and we would definitely go back again.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I love this place for the great food and atmosphere. It is sort of hidden away in the shopping center, but it is worth finding. My favorite sandwich is the Cuban Press, which is big enough to be a dinner! Their tiramisu is the best I have ever had, and the dessert portions are large. This is an excellent value for the money with friendly staff.

1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

A gem! Went for mid-morning treat ( chicken salad on croissant) as well as dinner ( soft shell crabs). Both were delectable. Great bakery choices (muffins, scones, desserts). Worth going out of your way to eat here. Small, friendly. MP 14 in Nags Head.

1  Thank BAM54Nc