“Gourmet Delight at the Beach” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Lachine
Ranked #10 of 80 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Rockville, MD
“Gourmet Delight at the Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had the good fortune to visit Cafe Lachine during Outer Banks restaurant week. The special menu included three choices per course, plus a full range of luscious desserts. I chose the fig salad with fresh greens, caramelized pecans, and crumbled goat cheese, which was light and flavorful. My main course, Ashley Farms chicken with three cheeses, was tender and delicious. It was accompanied by haricots vert, roasted potatoes and fresh baked, aromatic rosemary bread. My companion picked the apple rutabaga soup, a creamy, tasty huge bowl. His main course was pistachio encrusted pork loin with blackberry sauce, asparagus, and sweet potatoes. The sophisticated combination of favors was incredible. For dessert, we had creme brûlée and chocolate chip pecan pie. Every bite of this meal was delicious and worth savoring.

If we closed our eyes, we could imagine that we were at an upscale bistro in a major city, rather than a strip shopping center in a small beach town. This was the best meal that we have had in months. I recommend it highly.

Appomattox
“Food was wonderful - glad we tried it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We tried the Café based on reviews I had read. It was a little smaller than I expected, but the chicken pesto sandwich I had was very delicious. It was enough to fill me up without have to order a side, but if you do order a side to go with the sandwich I did find them to be a little pricey. However, my mother had the fruit salad as a side and it was a wonderful blend of fresh fruit. While we were there, I noticed a lot of take-out order and foot traffic was constant. I would come here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Stopped in for a quick lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had the crab soup and a slice of the bacon & asparagus quiche which was very good. The soup was creamy with just the right amount of lump crab. The quiche was flaky and the asparagus fresh. My husband had the tomato basil soup and a slice of the tiramisu...not a drop or crumb was left. Quaint dining room with a book shelf full of all kinds of cook books; order at the counter and they will bring the food to your table. Worth the stop!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Delicious! Fantastic menu. Great service! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the store front or the fact that it's in a strip mall. You will not be disappointed. High quality food and excellent service.

Hagerstown, Maryland
“BEST TAKE OUT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

After a gloomy week of being sick on vacation, Cafe Lachine lifted our spirits with great take out food!!! I had the steak and cheese, which may have been the best one I have ever had! Don't leave without a key lime tart! Yum. Looking forward to having dinner at Cafe Lachine once we are both back on our feet!