“Best Cafe in the OBX”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I live here and my wife and I love this place. Every week the specials change depending on the fresh catch and season. I have had almost everything on the menu and can't recommend just one thing except you need to eat here! If you want delicious fresh made food and pastry this is the place breakfast, lunch and dinner, but beware they close early. The food is made fresh everyday and to die for. The service seems slow but everything is made with care! If you are a local or visitor please do not miss this place.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Our only regret about finding Cafe Lachine is that we stopped for lunch on our last day of vacation... but we'll definitely be back for more fresh, well-prepared sandwiches, salads, baked goods and desserts! Loved the food, the service and the atmosphere. The crabcake sandwich and shrimp po-boy were among the best we've had anywhere, and the side salads were delicious. We are pleased to recommend this wonderful new addition to OBX cuisine, and look forward to many return visits!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stopped in for lunch one day and for breakfast the next. Good fresh ingrediants and lots of bakery items. Nice atmosphere if your eating in. cafe lachine will be on our not to be missed list next time we visit OBX!!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I recently visited Cafe Lachine. Recommendations were for the Italian hoagie and Corned beef and Swiss - both were the best we've ever had. The breads are baked fresh and meats are superior - better than what we can find in the Northern Virginia area. We also had the peanut butter cheese cake - all I can say is amazing! I had to ask if they provided their desserts to the local high end restaurants which they do not but easily could, they are equal to or better than any you will find on the Outer Banks. Try Cafe Lachine....you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I contact Johanna at Cafe Lachine to cater a business dinner. Not only did she plan an excellent meal for the group but she offered her restaurant after hours for us to enjoy. The food was wonderful, the service outstanding and it was very reasonably priced for high end dishes. I highly recommend it for breakfast and lunch and for that special dinner.

JLachine, Owner at Cafe Lachine, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

We are so glad that you enjoyed your dinner! It was fun picking out the menu and planning for the event (our first private party at Cafe Lachine). Ya'll are great to work with and we hope to see you the next time you are in town!!