“Great spot for lunch”

Cafe Lachine
Ranked #12 of 81 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Pittsburgh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great spot for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family ate here twice for lunch while on vacation at OBX. Both days, I took advantage of the "Boxed Lunch" option (seemed to be the best value). For $9.00 you select one of three sandwich options (I chose Chicken Salad on a Croissant), receive a soup, fruit cup, choice of canned soda or bottled water, and mini cupcake. The food was fresh, delicious, and well worth the price. The second time I went, I picked the She-Crab Bisque for my soup. It seemed to be a regular option. It has a nice peppery spice to it, and the crab was excellent. I recommend Cafe Lachine for adults seeking a quick, quiet, and quality food experience.

• Visited September 2012

Norfolk, Virginia
“Gourmet Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Beautifully prepared, wonderfully delightful lunch! You will not be disappointed! Husband enjoyed the Cuban (go figure-authentic Cuban in Nags Head) and I enjoyed the Italian. More than filling, portions very generous.

Visited September 2012
Fulton, Maryland
“What it does, it does very well”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

The menu is limited; however, the items they offer all seem to be done very well. We got take-out for dinner twice during our vacation. We've had the Cuban Press, Crab Cake on Brioche Bun, Soft-Shell Crab Sandwich, and Pesto Grilled Chicken on Brioche. All of the sandwiches were excellent; the Cuban Press was probably the best. It was very large and could have been shared by two people, unless you have a very large appetite. For sides, we sampled the carrot-ginger soup, the 3 bean salad, and tabbouleh salad. We tried to order from them again this evening (Friday, Sep. 7) but they closed at 5pm so we were disappointed. Cafe Lachine is a nice addition to Nags Head's restaurants and is a great place to get a quick take-out meal. Each time we ordered, our food was ready within 10-15 minutes. We hope it does well.

• Visited September 2012
New York, NY
“Pretty Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went for a quick breakfast. The baked goods were alright. The scone was more like a muffin but tasted alright.

Visited August 2012
JLachine, Owner at Cafe Lachine, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We are sorry to hear that you were not impressed by our pastry options. We make our scones with a generous amount of heavy cream to keep them moist, which is liked by a majority of our customers. The next time you are in town please come by and try one of our sandwiches on our homemade bread or a dessert from our bakery case!
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“kind of slow and pricey!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was happy to find this cafe when we needed a quick lunch after shopping. We didn't find that their menu sandwiches were to my kids' tastes and so we ordered "custom" sandwiches-- basically the usual menu items but with things left off-- and we waited longer than I would have expected. We also paid full price-- so my daughter had a sandwich with only salami and bread and I paid for a sandwich described on the menu as having several meats and cheeses. That said, everything was very fresh and I know fresh food does take time. I will come back.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Laura_L224
JLachine, Owner at Cafe Lachine, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We are very sorry to hear that you were charged full price for an Italain Hoagie that only contained salami. Unfortunaltely, we did not have a menu option for a simple kids sandwich. Thank you so much for bringing that to our attention. We have now created two new menu options. We have a Build Your Own sandwich that includes 1 meat and 1 cheese on choice of bread for $6. We also have a Kids Build Your Own for $4 with the same options and slightly smaller portions. We are also sorry about your wait. Everything is made to order, so it does take time to prepare the food. We try to get all orders out within 10 minutes. We hope that you will come back and see us the next time you are in town.