“Nice family gathering place!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

4 of 5 bubbles Very good - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

Jenn T
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“poor customer service ruined trip-solar poor does not work well!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

We used Outer Banks Blue this past September for renting this house in Nags Head. It was our first time to the area and first experience with renting a house through a company. And I must say, I will NOT rent again with Outer Banks Blue. The reason we choose to go with the company in the first place was because we found a house on their site that had a solar heated pool. When we arrived at the house, within an hour, the pool guy arrived to tell us the solar pool was not working and someone would be out to fix it the next day.
The next day, I came back from the beach early only to find a solar pool service man waiting for me to let him in the house. I had no idea who he was and did not want a strange man in the house with all our belongings. He didn't know what he was supposed to fix or where the problem was. When I called the company, they didn't know he was coming either and I spent about an hour or two figuring it out with the guy and thus had to stay at the house with him. The company offered no apology and this was not how I wanted to spend my afternoon!
The next day the pool guy came and stated there was a leak in the pool so he was going to fill it with a hose. He then asked us to check on the leak and let him know if it was getting better. Again, not what I wanted to be doing on my vacation. The water he was filling the pool with was cold so the pool was then freezing the entire rest of the vacation.
However, the worst part was the costumer service regarding the issue. The women who set you up with the rentals and answer the phones are very nice, but once there is a problem and you need someone to help you, there is no one! I left 3 messages for someone named Patrick and did not receive one call back. I did get an email telling me there was nothing he could do of which I then called him to discuss the details and received no call back.
I will go back to Nags head but WILL NOT USE Outer Banks Blue. There are many other companies with better service to give me money to.

5 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 3 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
3 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 2 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
1 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: solar pool
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Oct 16, 2012
Ms. Trolley,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on this property. We obviously disagree with your assessment, and honestly did not know of your experience with the pool vendor.
As you stated in your review Outer Banks Blue was not aware of this situation. The owner of the property contracts directly with a pool service company to handle the cleaning of the pool and hot tub. The pool service company does not work for Outer Banks Blue, nor do they answer to us.
Even as of today we are completely unaware of any major issues with this pool as you have outlined here. The week you were here was cloudy which would obviously effect the efficiency of a solar heated pool, but we know nothing of a leak or pool equipment failure.
It all sounds very strange.
We also have no idea why a pool vendor would ever need to get into your rental property as the pool equipment and electrical service to the same is not located inside the property. Our belief now after understanding the situation more fully is that the police should have been called if you felt uncomfortable with the situation.
Our employees and vendors always represent themselves by name, provide a card to any guest upon arrival, and typically know exactly what they are there to do.
This story is not typical in any way of other guests' experience at this property as you can see from the other reviews that are posted here.
This home is a wonderful property that enjoys a great repeat clientele, and we apologize that you feel in some way that Outer Banks Blue was trying to provide you anything less than an outstanding vacation experience. We believe we had nothing to do with this situation.
We hope your next experience is more in keeping with what our guests experience.
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful
3 of 5 bubbles Value 2 of 5 bubbles Rooms
Columbus Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011 for a stay in September 2011
2 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Check in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
5 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 65+
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Week
Make Inquiry
Talk to the Manager
1 8443254134
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing