“Absolutely fantastic meal and service”
Review of The Brine and Bottle - CLOSED

The Brine and Bottle
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Description: Now serving dinner only, the Brine and Bottle specializes in seasonal Southern cuisine; unique wines; craft beer; and house-made canned goods, including, among others, old-fashioned bread and butter pickles and bacon jam.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had heard through the foody grapevine about the Brine & Bottle and decided to take a group of nine with reservations to check it out. WOW! What a fine dining experience at the beach. The entire party tried everything on the menu, the fish was hatteras tuna cooked just right medium rare; the duck breast was something you do not see at the beach was very tasty and succulent; and the filet of beef, my favorite, was cooked to perfection. Our party tried the small plates of bacon jam jelly and saltines along with fried house pickles and the fried green tomatoes they took our breath away they were so good. Lastly, you don't expect to find outstanding wines at a beachy restaurant but the Brine & Bottle will have small excellent vineyards that produce outstanding wines that surprise your taste buds. I will be back to see what exciting new things they are trying later this summer.

1  Thank Carl P

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

After reading the rave reviews of this place we decided it would be a great place to check out without our kids! Unfortunately, we were mostly disappointed. The restaurant is very small and did not have the space for our group of seven unless we sat at separate tables or at the bar. We chose the bar which was fine enough. I'm not sure if the AC was broken or if they forgot to pay the bill but it was probably 85-90 degrees in there! Miserable!! My husband and I ordered a Bay Scallop appetizer to share. 3 small scallops arrived on a decorated plate. They were good but nothing to brag about! For our entrees, I ordered Hatteras Tuna and my husband ordered the Filet Mignon. My tuna was delicious! Cooked perfectly! However, it was accompanied by a few slivers of bell pepper and some oyster mushrooms. My husband's Filet was also quite lonely on his plate, although very tasty as well. No potatoes or rice just a small helping of corn and 3 anorexic looking asparagus. After dinner we were still very hungry so we shared a blueberry/peach cobbler. Which was kind of disappointing. The crust on top was good but the berries just tasted like hot berries with no sweetness (come on, it's desert!). The servers were friendly enough but had a sort of stepford quality... A little robotic.
Needless to say, for a nearly $150 meal(just my husband and I's portion) we were not impressed nor full! No one in our group was completely satisfied. We went to the Nags Head Pier and ordered wings! We won't be returning to the Brine and Bottle!

1  Thank Merben8
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had dinner at the Brine and Bottle last night. Although the restaurant was busy, the hostess and staff were calm and welcoming. This is not the case at most area restaurants, especially in the busy week after the 4th! Even though we had reservations, there would have been room for our party on the deck or at the bar. The one page food menu offers something for everyone. The small plate selections are wonderful. I had two, the soup and fried green tomatoes. Others in my party had: the large plates, tuna, shrimp and grits, and cheese plate. All of the selections were wonderful, cooked and seasoned to perfection. Our server was the best! He was there when we needed him, absent when we did not. We sat at the table near the door and the A/C, perfect! I live in Nags Head and plan to visit this restaurant on a weekly basis. We are fortunate to have a place of this caliber in the area, and I plan to support it as long as we are lucky enough to have it nearby.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just off the beaten track in Nags Head this place is very good. It is also very small so call a couple weeks in advance for a reservation. We opted for an outside table for dinner and the wind was blowing so hard we had to hold onto everything. Inside has only a few tables and doesn't appear to have A/C

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Ah-mazing! We went twice during the week we were visiting the Outer Banks! The food is outstanding and the staff made us feel at home. They remembered us the second time we went in.