“Great location and food”
Review of The Brine and Bottle - CLOSED

The Brine and Bottle
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Now serving dinner only, the Brine and Bottle specializes in seasonal Southern cuisine; unique wines; craft beer; and house-made canned goods, including, among others, old-fashioned bread and butter pickles and bacon jam.
Richmond VA
“Great location and food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just off the beaten track in Nags Head this place is very good. It is also very small so call a couple weeks in advance for a reservation. We opted for an outside table for dinner and the wind was blowing so hard we had to hold onto everything. Inside has only a few tables and doesn't appear to have A/C

Visited July 2013

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Wow”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Ah-mazing! We went twice during the week we were visiting the Outer Banks! The food is outstanding and the staff made us feel at home. They remembered us the second time we went in.

• Visited July 2013
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
“Fantastic meal, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Had an exceptional meal. Ate outside on the sound which was awesome (although a bit windy). We had a wonderful bottle of wine, great mozzarella appetizer and entree's were the tuna and the tenderloin. Dessert was the blueberry peach cobbler which was heavenly. Great service, also. Wonderful experience!

Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great dinner in the OBX”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family travels to Nags Head once a year and we decided to try the Brine and Bottle after reading the good reviews on Trip Advisor. It was the best dinner we've ever had in the OBX. I started with a drink, the Pickeled Punch which was amazing - so refreshing! We shared two appitizers that were great - Fried green tomato's w/peaches and the tuna carpaccio. Tuna was our favorite! My husband had the duck breast with beets and was not only tasty but was the prettiest plate of food I've seen in a long time. I had the filet with corn and asparagus and it was also really good. The cobbler was amazing but be careful! When it comes out it's super hot! Coffee was also really good - the cafe, Morning View brews a special blend for Brine and Bottle. This will be our new go to spot in the OBX. Can't wait till next year!

• Visited June 2013
Nags Head, North Carolina
“Continues to Surpass Expectations”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Disclosure: I am an Outer Banks Resident. When asked where I wanted to celebrate my birthday the immediate response was The Brine and Bottle. All day I checked the menu online knowing that there would be difficult decisions deciding between my favorite Shrimp and Grits and some new seasonal choices. Fortunately we were able to reserve in advance a table for two since we showed up to a full house. It's a tiny place. Very unassuming from the curb but inspiring once settled overlooking the Sound.
I finally settled on three of the small plates. Green Tomato Gazpacho was most likely an original recipe of the chef. I've never had such a light, refreshing delicious "soup". Fried Green Tomatoes were paired with candied Benton bacon and peaches. Awesome flavor combinations. Finally the seared sea scallops with light, crisp corn fritters, pickled baby carrots and a blueberry reduction that was out of this world. My husband started with the spinach salad and was amazed at the freshness, given that baby spinach is not something that is readily available in our markets. For his main course, he selected the Cobia. As locals, we frequently order fish out as well as prepare it at home. My title for this review came from him as he looked up from his plate and stated: This place continues to surpass my expectations. This is without a doubt the best fish I have ever eaten. Completing the birthday was the wine selection of a nice bright pinot grigio from Slovenia. The wine list is extensive for such a small restaurant. If in doubt, I don't hesitate to ask one of the servers, David or Laura, or owner Ashley for a pairing recommendation. They are very well versed in everything available on the list.
We will definitely keep this little gem at the top of our list of local favorites.

• Visited June 2013