“Amazing food and comfortable setting”
Review of The Brine and Bottle - CLOSED

The Brine and Bottle
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Description: Now serving dinner only, the Brine and Bottle specializes in seasonal Southern cuisine; unique wines; craft beer; and house-made canned goods, including, among others, old-fashioned bread and butter pickles and bacon jam.
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This was our first visit to the Brine & Bottle. The quality and atmosphere was reminiscent of the Blue Point before it was expanded. Every dish from snacks to small plates to & such (larger plates) and dessert was delicious and carefully prepared. The portions were reasonable leaving room to sample more. Beer and wine choices were excellent. Perhaps the best peach cobbler we have ever had. Be sure ask about the LP record collection!

1  Thank RWTM

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Can't wait to return! From apps to entrees, every plate was cleaned! Cute atmosphere and nice service. Thank you

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Travelers to the Outer Banks -- please DON'T go to the Brine and Bottle. If you come in droves you'll spoil a unique restaurant experience that currently offers excellent food and service, with no hassles. High season -- early-August -- we were able to cruise in and sit down to a delicious meal at 7 pm with no waiting, and without having made reservations. Contrast the Colington Cafe -- another very good restaurant.

The dishes are skillfully prepared from fresh ingredients -- every bit as good as in the premium restaurants you'll find in big cities. (My experience comes from restaurants I frequent at home in Brooklyn, N.Y.) The service here is equivalent. Food quality at Basnight's, just up the road, just can't compare -- but Bassnight's is a different kind of restaurant. You probably don't want to bring a big family group to Brine and Bottle. It's better for smaller parties, though the check per-person probably comes to about the same as at Basnight's.

Some issues raised in the negative reviews: I don't know exactly how "small plates" are defined, but unless you're a lumberjack you won't be left hungry when you eat here. This is probably the only restaurant south of the Mason/Dixon where when you order shrimp & grits, your dish comes with more shrimp than grits -- though the grits you get are delicious too.

Negative Reviewers: Yes, there's not much seating inside. You sit on stools instead of chairs, and the interior space probably doesn't seat more than about 40 people. To repeat: this restaurant is NOT for big groups with kids. (Go to Basnight's or Collington Cafe instead.) But if your small group comes on a nice evening you can sit outside and watch the Ospreys. Heaven!

Let me repeat: Please DON'T come to the Brine and Bottle unless you're a small party of mature people seeking a sophisticated dining experience. The ONLY reason I'm writing this review is to keep this establishment from going out of business.

2  Thank Shadroe
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We were looking for this restaurant based on the reviews on the Tripadvisor.

We wanted a tapas kind of place because, I cannot eat a big plate but I love to try various kind of bite size of food that is/are hopefully unusual, maybe even bizarre.
The place has a perfect location. We went there in very early evening and were sitting outside on the breezy deck. It was a delight.

First we had some shrimp and grits that my husband liked, I wasn’t that crazy about it. but I loved, loved the bacon jam with crackers though I was so afraid to order it. Then we tried the melon puree soup with some kind of chili or Anaheim peppers. I enjoyed that too. We finished with a cheese platter of 3 different cheeses that proved to be delicious too – to my surprise, the usually boring Gouda was also excellent because they somehow mixed it with goat cheese.
This place was a truly great find.

2  Thank Meditationes
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My wife and I dined here our first night in the OBX. After driving nine hours from PA we were famished and decided to stop at the Brine and Bottle after reading positive reviews from Trip Advisor. I had the duck and my wife had the scallops. The food was DELICIOUS but the portions were not worth the price. We actually ended up snacking when we got back to our room. The atmosphere was great and the food was excellent but I do not recommend going there on an empty stomach

1  Thank MattGiambra