“Kinda Tapas, kinda down-home, kinda nice.”
Review of The Brine and Bottle - CLOSED

The Brine and Bottle
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Description: Now serving dinner only, the Brine and Bottle specializes in seasonal Southern cuisine; unique wines; craft beer; and house-made canned goods, including, among others, old-fashioned bread and butter pickles and bacon jam.
Reviewed June 12, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed a Sunday brunch today and were very pleased with The Brine & Bottle. Portions are in the tapas-scale, and the prices are reasonable. The bacon jam is a nice touch to the fried egg sandwich as are the pickled ramp. I would have preferred the sandwich served on good country white bread instead of the burger bun, though. My wife had the farmer's plate, and we both thought the country ham was way too salty (like with a Virginia coun try ham, you gotta soak it in water for three days before cooking it), and the deviled egg was not much to write home about; although the picked items were exceptional. A charming little place, and we'll have to give it another shot for dinner (soon) to see if The Brine & Bottle can compete with some of our faves on the Outer Banks.

2  Thank OBXhawkeye

Reviewed May 31, 2011

On Memorial Day Weekend we went to The Brine and Bottle for Sunday Brunch and were delighted by the selection of regionally prepared food. The starter we shared was hot Pimento Cheese Crisps that disappeared in less than a minute. Just amazing. Then the other items arrived, fried egg sandwich (kicked up), pimento cheese and crackers, deviled eggs, tuna salad and traditional NC BBQ sandwich. The pimento cheese was a 'wet' mix with a hint of jalepeno pepper in the background, really delicious and the fried eggs were served with their homeade relish, also delicious. The barbecue sandwich was the show stopper at our table. They cook the pork butt 10 plus hours with real hickory not wet chips, use their own dry rub, and just let the pork shine and then it's served with their creamy homeade coleslaw with a touch of pepper vinegar. We're pork fanatics and have eaten at many Barbecue restaurants around the South including Lexington, NC and we all agreed that The Brine and Bottle has the winning Barbecue sandwich. It was so good we went back the following day to buy some to bring back home. In addition to the delicious food their wine and beer list compliments the food they serve and the owners are gracious and friendly.

5  Thank Jackfred
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I love the Brine and Bottle... every time I go, I try a different small plate off their menu and I am never disappointed! Chef Andrew's creations are unique and creative, and his parter Ashely is happy to chat or give a recommendation on a wine or beer pairing.
This is one of my favorite Outer Banks spots to relax with a beer(or wine, both lists are outstanding) and enjoy a bite or two, (it's hard to stop at one dish!!). Not to mention the great view and outside seating, which is ideal in warmer weather.
I highly recommend the Brine and Bottle to anyone looking for a unique twist on southern food, great atmosphere and a stellar new addition to the Outer Banks restaurant lineup.

4  Thank rightleftstudio
Reviewed May 21, 2011

This restaurant is a refreshing, new take on OBX cuisine. My husband and I were visiting for the weekend and stopped in in our way to the hotel. We really didn't feel like having the same old steamed shrimp and broiled seafood platters that EVERYONE has down here. The wine and beer selections change all the time so you can try something new and the food is fresh and well executed. Take some of the bacon jam with you... you wont be disappointed!

2  Thank bworkman83
Reviewed April 16, 2011

We just returned from a delightful evening with friends at The Brine and Bottle. We have traveled widely, so are not snowed by just any restaurant. Ashley, the owner, is charming and knowledgeable. She listens to comments about the wine and food, and you know she will follow up on suggestions.

I had the Shrimp and Grits, a true Southern dish, but it was done perfectly, not too much, not heavy, and very tasty. Our friends had the Duck and Sea Bass, and both said they enjoyed their very much. For dessert, we indulged in a flan. Yummy!

The view out the windows onto the Sound is magnificent, and in less windy weather, we would have sat out on the deck. This evening, there were tornado warnings, so it was better to sit inside!

Definitely a must visit! Small, informal, with a great wine list and a short but very imaginative list of food and tapas type fare.

2  Thank TheBarefootContessa