“I've had better...”

Sugar Creek Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Soundfront
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Potato skins with Crab sauce were just too rich. Salad presentation was too hard to eat. Shriimp cocktail was fresh and tasty.

There are newer reviews for Sugar Creek Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've always wanted to try Sugar Creek because of the beautiful location. The view was definitely amazing, and it was clean inside, but that was about the end of the good experience. The food was overpriced considering the lame menu and even more lame meal. The so-called award-winning Shrimp & Grits were very mediocre.

The menu itself is quite basic--focused on seafood, but nothing special done to it. The choice of sides is very limited (baked potato, fries, coleslaw, and a daily veggie) but at least the fries were pretty good.

The S&G that I make at home--for much less money--are far superior. The shrimp were rubbery and overcooked (how does that happen at a seafood restaurant??) and the grits themselves were completely lacking in flavor. I have no idea how they won an award. I don't mind paying a lot for great food, but this was far from great.

The bartender was nice and the views lived up to expectations, but we will not be going back here.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The view is worth it. The service and atmosphere were great. We only had the plate lunch which was good but not great. I'd give it another chance and get something fancier if I went back.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I went here for lunch with my aunt and uncle and I really enjoyed the view. The service was good, and the food was average. The portions are large though. I got a tuna melt. It was very mayo-ish but what do you expect. Fries were good. It got busy really quickly and seemed like a hot spot. I would stop by here again to try it for dinner.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Have dined at Sugar Creek (formerly RV's) for the past 20 years. Have always found it to be excellent until tonight. My wife and I ordered crab cakes and fried flounder. What we got was fried bread cakes and overcooked tasteless flounder. I say bread cakes because as hard as we tried, neither my wife nor I could find any crab meat in the cake. There was a hard very tough crust on the cake that needed a knife to penetrate. The filler was not even seasoned. If I like a restaurant I will give it another change, if I have a subpar meal, however, given the total fraud that was presented as a crab cake dinner, I will not return to Sugar Creek.

1  Thank Wayne G