“BREAKFAST or LUNCH”

Nags Head Golf Links
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf course with a compact, target-style design.
Southern Shores, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“BREAKFAST or LUNCH”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Beautiful serene and civilized setting - the perfect quit start to the day - good food, good service, and very, very civilized!

Visited August 2013

Hopewell, Virginia
142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Rainy day but great golf”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We lost a man so played a foursome and a threesome, the rain was torrential at times but we are at the beach The course was in great shape and except for the elements all was grand very difficult "shot makers" type of course, does not need length

Visited August 2013
New Fairfield, Connecticut
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Nags Head Golf Links... a round with my son”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We rented a house in the community of this golf course, so of course had to play. My son and I went out twilight, to take advantage of the lower rates. Narrow course, with a lot of blind views. The greens were in rough shape. Bring extra balls when you play here, due to the fact it's hard to know where you're going when you tee off! Most of the holes had water; several were on the sound with pretty views, but made it windy.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank PalaceFamily
Lisle, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Wind and knowing the course determine the experience”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the tougher courses I've played but that was down to not knowing the course and the 2-3 club wind. I played The Pointe earlier this week and the conditions didn't stack up. The tee boxes were fairly beat up as we're the greens. The greens rolled relatively true but were slow. It's unfortunate how many holes are along the road and tucked into the houses. Given the potential for wind I thought the fairways were too narrow. I also think they should provide more info on several holes because this is a very target oriented course. I was also disappointed at the lack of a beverage cart for half the round. All said, I did find the staff very friendly and enjoyed the challenge of the wind.

Visited July 2013
Philadelphia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Tough course, dissapointing scenery!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This course was very challenging, The fairways are extra narrow, and the off-fairway grass is extremely long. I thought that the greens could have been better managed as there were many burned spots. I also was not a fan of the scenery which was just a bunch of houses. Two holes had a view of the water, but the rest were surrounded by rental neighborhoods. The staff was friendly, and we enjoyed the "Beat the Pro" experience on one of the par 3's. We didn't beat him, but it was fun anyway. The beer girl finally showed up on the 15th hole. I didn't think the experience was worth the $125 greens fee, and I probably wont be back.

Visited June 2013