“Can't be any better”
Review of South Beach Grille

South Beach Grille
Ranked #26 of 81 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Newly remodeled and great menu choices of International flavors of Healthy, Caribbean, Asian and American infused with local seafood and produce. Sandwiches, burgers, wraps, salads, steaks. Separate Gluten free menus with separate kitchen area makes this the number 1 spot for dietary needs. Outdoor dining with ocean and sound views available. Full ABC permits. Happy hours 3-6 with $2 menu. Friday Wing Nite ... 35 Cent wings and 3. Beers. Dog friendly with a Doggie Menu. In Season Open 6 days Lunch and Dinner starting at 11:30. CLOSED SUNDAYS
“Can't be any better”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We went back to south beach grille on Friday. And boy I couldn't ask for any better. The food was terrific as always. The service was great. And the best part was when we got those 35 cent wings. Boy oh boy I was shocked when I they said 35 cents. I have never seen them so low priced in my life. Even Pizza Hut doesn't do that, there's is 50 cents. But it's a Friday only special. But yeah it was great

New York City, New York
“Best we had in Nags Head...”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We loved it! Our waiter was a doll...very helpful & accommodating. We had fried pickles (yum!), prime rib (excellent) and veggie stir fry w/ fresh tuna (scrumptious!)...our fave restaurant that we tried in outer banks.

brooklyn, ny
“Super nice wait staff but bland food and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Well, we did not intend to go to this resto but I got the name of the place wrong and thought this was it. My parents, brother, hub, our kid and I went there for lunch. Our ages vary from 30s to 70s (not including the kid lol). We all like good food, my brother, hub, kid and I moreso than my parents, who prefer their home cooking (which is amazing, so that is probably why we are foodies).

First and foremost--I have YET to find a truly outstanding lunch spot in OBX that is memorable. The BBQ only spots (Hi Cotton, etc.)--solid, the hot dog joint--solid, but I've kind feel like the area is just full of Black Pelicans and other overpriced American diner/bistro fare.

First, our server, Erin (I think was her name) was incredibly nice and GOOD at her job. She was attentive, apologetic when she had to lean over to get something, frequently asked us about our drinks, if we needed anything etc. w/o hovering. She deserves a lot of credit making our experience really nice when working in a place that is kind of "meh."

Atmosphere: Old chairs and laminate tables. Old carpet, boring and kind of borderline tourist. No real excitement which kind of speaks to the food. A really nicely done 50+ gal fish tank. Bathrooms were simple but clean (a good sign :) ).

Here's our order with reviews:
Dad: Seared tuna salad
Erin asks how he wants the tuna cooked and he says "well done" (wha?). Erin correctly(!) states that it will make the tuna dry. Bro and I are trying to say "rare" but dad says "medium." Oh whatever. Salad comes out. It huge b/c it's piled with iceberg. Iceberg is probably the cheapest, blandest salad green you could use.

Mom: BBQ Pork Sandwich Special
This was the true disappointment of the day. Probably done in a slow cooker as it was kind of mushy, no smoke flavor, my mom said it smelled like "meat" and refused to eat it. I tried it. Kind of white vinegary tasting with no other spice really.

Hub/Bro: Crab Salad Sandwich Special
"Not bad." Mayonnaise-based crab salad served on a hamburger bun. Should probably be done more New England style on a roll as it seemed too much bun for the amount of crab.

Me: Mushroom and onion with cheese hamburger
Was cooked well done. No real spice/flavor. Used purple onion, served with lettuce but no tomato.

Kid: Mac and cheese
This IS from a box--literally Kraft as a reviewer commented. Also, seems like it was not made recently or was microwaved or sitting under a hot lamp b/c the bowl was really hot and it was dry on top and inside.

All the sandwiches were served with fries, but not fresh cut, more like Burger King style with the kind of re-textured skin surface.

I observed another table with two families ordered the lettuce wraps and it came out with literally a half head of lettuce to eat some chicken and rice with. Seriously, just serve green leaf! :P

Note on drinks: No drafts--bottles only. Beer is poured into chilled glasses(!) and all drinks including water are served in glasses which I think is the right way. Smoothies are on the kids menus but they are super sweet and not very fruity.

Tab: $95 for food, drinks including 2 beers (not including tip)

I think in conclusion, this place is lacking in some inspiration. It's like they've been running it "as is" for so long, they just are kind of showing up to do the work, or they know that the type of people that come to this joint don't expect much, or they make their $ off the bar. I kept wanting to get the "wow" somewhere--in the decor, the food, the drinks, but at each turn it was just more of the same plateau. It's not bad, it's not great, it's Okay. So you can decide if you want to spend $$ on "Okay." But, have to say, I feel like a lot of OBX restos are like this so par for the course.

Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Very good food”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place was a good find. Went for lunch, it is super busy there. Nice menu, totally recommend the salmon burger. Truly delish and not a patty like you may get elsewhere. Fries were super crunchy and tasty. The décor is a bit dated but other than that very very good.

Visited July 2013
Akron, Ohio
“Very decent, though a bit pricey.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Ended up here for dinner by chance. 4 adults and 2 kids. Overall the food was quite good, except for the kids Mac and cheese, which looked and tasted like Kraft. Ate outside and got to hear some great live music, which was cool. Between us had 3 seafood/fish dishes and 1 steak. All cooked nicely. Service was just ok, appetizer of wings came after dinner was totally done. Total cost for dinner, with 1 $20 bottle of wine, was $175, which included tax and tip. A bit too pricey, considering 2 of the meals were for kids.