“Going again!!”
Review of South Beach Grille

South Beach Grille
Ranked #31 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Newly remodeled and great menu choices of International flavors of Healthy, Caribbean, Asian and American infused with local seafood and produce. Sandwiches, burgers, wraps, salads, steaks. Separate Gluten free menus with separate kitchen area makes this the number 1 spot for dietary needs. Outdoor dining with ocean and sound views available. Full ABC permits. Happy hours 3-6 with $2 menu. Friday Wing Nite ... 35 Cent wings and 3. Beers. Dog friendly with a Doggie Menu. In Season Open 6 days Lunch and Dinner starting at 11:30. CLOSED SUNDAYS
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This restaurant is very welcoming and has a good warm atmosphere. The food was fantastic. I ordered the south beach burger which has bacon and a special sauce that is spectacular. Me and my family will defiantly be going next time we come back down to the OBX.

1  Thank Screentyler

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I just had perfect lettuce wraps as a starter, and some amazing fish tacos for dinner. The service was great couldn't ask for any better. The food came out quick. This is defiantly a must go again.

1  Thank AustinmacD
Reviewed March 18, 2013

South Beach Grille is an awesome restaurant, the owners are local and have been there for over 20 years and have owned different restaurants. The food is great, and the atmosphere is wonderful. They have live music and you can eat outside on a covered deck. All of the food is cooked to order, nothing is pre made. Go to South Beach Grille if you want great local food.

1  Thank Blake L
Reviewed March 4, 2013

South Beach Grille is a great locally owned restaurant- awesome vibe, great staff, creative menu. They prepare each dish after its ordered, so you know that whatever you order is fresh, and to say the least, delicious. An excellent place to experience true Outer Banks food and friendliness!

1  Thank Erin T
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I dined here with my family while vacationing in Nags Head. We were staying across the street at the Blue Heron Motel, so we chose the South Beach Grille because of the convenience and the decent reviews. This was a tremendous mistake. While the atmosphere was initially pleasant (they had a man playing live music on the guitar while we were there, which was very nice), our entire meal turned incredibly sour shortly after our food arrived.

A gigantic cockroach ran across our table and up the wall of our booth in the middle of our meal. My daughter and I panicked, and one of the bartenders came over and grabbed it with a towel and disposed of it. Nobody apologized to us for what had happened. I told our waiter that we had lost our appetites (we had), and that we just wanted the check. We had only had several bites of our food, which was mediocre.

At this point, the waiter brought us our check and asked if we wanted to box up the food. We did not want to eat the food after what had happened, and we told him that we were unable to eat it. When I went to pay the high bill for the food that we were unable to eat due to the unexpected guest at our table, the girl at the register mentioned that they had had an ongoing problem with cockroaches (she called them "palmetto bugs", but look it up - this is exactly the same thing as a cockroach, just another name), and that they had sprayed several times to no avail. They said that the pest control had just been out that week, and perhaps that was why this had happened. I was utterly disgusted, and I told her that this had been really disruptive to our dinner. She did not offer any discount on our bill, and happily took my money for the meal that we could not eat. In hindsight, I should've complained to the manager and refused to pay, but we had never had such a thing happen and weren't sure how to handle the situation.

I will always remember the South Beach Grille, and I will never, ever return there.

2  Thank S S