“One of my favorites!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Moon Beach Grill

Blue Moon Beach Grill
Ranked #1 of 80 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Blue Moon Beach Grill is located at MP 13 in sunny, downtown Nags Head. We are just down the road from Jockey's Ridge in Surfside Plaza. We are open 7 days a week from 11:30 AM till 9:00 PM. Our goal is to provide each customer with a "once in a blue moon" dining experience.
Maryland
“One of my favorites!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

The food is always great and the services quick! We always have a meal at the Blue Moon when visiting OBX. Everything is delicious! This visit, I had the fish and chips and my husband had the mahi BLT. We also had the calamari....all was delicious with large portions. We will be back!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Try the Mahi Mahi BLT!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a local and I am so glad I stopped by! My boyfriend and I went for a late lunch after a trip to Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The wait was minimal...we sat at the bar. I had the Mahi BLT and my BF had a cheeseburger. Both were huge portions and cooked very very well. The bartender and hostess were very friendly and it was a great place for lunch.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“This is A Must Visit In Outer Banks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I are frequent visitors to the Outer Banks - a short trip from our home in Virginia Beach. I close friend and former work colleague recommended Blue Moon, and we now realize why she has been so enthusiastic. Clearly this place is exceptional as evidenced by how busy it is. Despite the crowd, the staff was able to manage the intense demand without negatively impacting our leisure experience. Dee and I shared the wings (a total departure from the ordinary), the Shrimp and Grits and Veggie Voodoo Pasta, the latter a spicy concoction of marinara, sauteed vegetables and pasta. I am a pasta fanatic and would not change anything with that menu item All were delicious beyond description. The check was a bit on the pricey side, but well worth the experience. We will add Blue Moon to Jolly Roger as our favorite Outer Banks restaurants. Holly and Mike went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

1 Thank tfig218
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“Good food and atmosphere ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Went in on a Sunday at lunch time, they were busy but were very accommodating, which is more than what I can say about other restaurants in the obx. Food was great, staff was great and I will definitely be back!

1 Thank Foodie286
“Delicious food for a price comparable to a chain restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

For starters, this place is open in the off-season, which is an automatic plus for us. The Blue Moon was just small enough to feel cozy and large enough that it was staffed for great and prompt service. The food was fantastic. We ordered the jerk marinated chicken(~$10) to start with and that was perfectly cooked and delicious. We had for the main course the voodoo veggie pasta with blackened shrimp ($12 just veggies, $17 w/ shrimp) and the caribbean pulled pork sandwich ($10), and they were incredible dishes as well. The pulled pork was an excellent refresher to the standard pulled pork that we are used to. The pasta was every bit as delicious as it looked in one of the pictures posted here on tripadvisor. We had apple cheesecake for dessert and it was creamy and delicious. The service was excellent - our server (as well as the hostess and manager) made sure we had everything we needed.

We definitely recommend this place, and if you happen to arrive to a full house, it's worth the wait.