“Great spot - a local favorite”

Blue Moon Beach Grill
Ranked #1 of 85 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Blue Moon Beach Grill is located at MP 13 in sunny, downtown Nags Head. We are just down the road from Jockey's Ridge in Surfside Plaza. We are open 7 days a week from 11:30 AM till 9:00 PM. Our goal is to provide each customer with a "once in a blue moon" dining experience.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great people, great food. We go here again and again. Truly one of the favorite spots for the locals.

There are newer reviews for Blue Moon Beach Grill

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Second time visit to Blue Moon, first since their expansion. We returned to Blue Moon after having such a positive experience a couple of years ago and were not dissapointed! My wife and I even made the same entree choices because we enjoyed our first visit so much! Great beer selection on draft and bottled. Everything at Blue Moon exudes quality and attention to detail. My wife had a salad and every component was impeccably fresh (in February). Being from Maryland, crab cakes are a staple and we have lots of great restaurants in which to enjoy them. My wife ordered the crab cakes and they were pretty good on their own, but the jalapano remoulade served with them put them over the top. My choice was shrimp and grits, not something found on any Maryland menu as far as I have seen. A delicious combination of well cooked shrimp, tomato cream sauce, roasted red peppers, bacon, smoked gouda and oh yes, grits. Wonderfu! We went home with key lime pie and coconut custard pie to-go and really enjoyed it in our hotel room later.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Had dinner at the Blue Moon. Delicious. My husband and I agree we have never had a better caesar salad (got it as a side with our dinners)-- warm bacon, grilled onions, and a grilled lemon wedge (sounds strange, but was fabulous) on the salads were awesome...
For dinner I had the angel hair pasta with shrimp, lump crab meat, fresh parmesan and veggies (roma tomato, onions, roasted peppers). Outstanding. Husband had free range chicken with mashed potatoes (homemade, of course) and some sort of "wilted greens". Also outstanding. Can't tell you about dessert-- we had no room for it ;) We will definitely go again next time we are in Nags Head. Word of advice-- don't try to go late... Call ahead to find out when they are done serving dinner whatever time of year you are here. We were sadly disappointed last year when we showed up a few minutes after they were done seating tables for dinner. But when food is as good as theirs, people are just gonna keep coming in if you let 'em =)

Reviewed January 12, 2012

We visited Blue Moon Beach Grill while on vacation in October and we are still talking about it! The scallop appetizer was more than awesome. The scallops were perfectly seasoned and beautifully cooked. The seaweed salad that accompanied it was great. I didn't know seaweed could taste so good. I also had crabcakes. They were out of this world delicious.

The restaurant has a very cool vibe. The staff and bartenders gave over the top service. I would go back in a flash, if I didn't live 1000 miles away.

1  Thank Cindy C
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Relaxed beach atmosphere with delicious food and great choices. You can make a meal of several different appetizers or select more complete choices from the broad menu. Everyone in the group found special selections to enjoy. The service was terrific. everything was done with personality without being overbearing. Great fun and good food.

1  Thank edkitchen